HP LAser Jet 2100- USB cable (1924 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Elizabeth Cass
Message 1 of 3 (1,924 Views)

HP LAser Jet 2100- USB cable

I purchased a USB cable so I can connect my HP LASER JET 2100m to my new computer. I can get a test page but otherwise it wont print- comes up as error-printing. Does getting a test page mean i have the right driver?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (1,924 Views)

Re: HP LAser Jet 2100- USB cable

When you mean a test page genrated by the computer then it should work. If you mean a test page by pressing one or both button on the printer then no.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
BR867905
Message 3 of 3 (1,924 Views)

Re: HP LAser Jet 2100- USB cable

The Laserjet 2100 doesn't have a USB port so I will assume you have bought one of thoses crappy USB to parallel cables.

I have a couple setting for you to change that may help with your parallel to USB cable

Disable USB error detection:

Right-click My Computer and select Properties.

Select Device Manager to view the Device Manager. Windows 2000 users will find it on the Hardware tab.

Locate and click the Universal Serial Bus Controller entry as shown in Figure 1.

Double-click Universal Host Controller entry and select the Advanced tab of the Universal Host Controller Properties.

Put a check in the box for Disable USB Error Detection and then click OK.

AND

Disable power management on the USB root hub. By default, Window XP disables the USB port when the HP LaserJet printer is not used in order to save power. However, the printer may not respond when a print job is sent if this option is selected. To disable power management on the USB root hub, follow the steps below:

Click Start, and right-click My Computer.

Click Properties, and click the Hardware tab.

Click the Device Manager button.

Double-click the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch to expand it.

Right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.

Click the Power Management tab.

De-select the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"check box.

Click OK, and close the Device Manager.

Now restart your pc, good luck!
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation