HP Install Network Printer Wizard (1032 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ed_Pyle
Message 1 of 3 (1,032 Views)

HP Install Network Printer Wizard

I have a Laserjet 4000n which three computers in my office print to.  When I originally set up the printer I used HP Install Network Printer Wizard 4.0.  Recently, I decided to set up another printer to print draft documents to (actually the same Laserjet 4000n but with a watermark).  I downloaded and installed HP Install Printer Wizard 8.1.  However, it did not find my laser printer - the same one that I print to every day.  I next used HP Install Printer Wizard 4.0 (the version I originally used to install the printer) with the same result.  I turned off Windows firewall and disabled Norton firewall - the printer was still not detected.  I completely uninstalled Norton Internet Security - the printer was still not detected.  Anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (1,006 Views)

Re: HP Install Network Printer Wizard

I never use the program as later versions of windows allows for a local tcp/ip printer and the setup is very very easy.  Just go to the printer and from the information menu print the config page.  You will get a second page with the network settings and just look for the tcp/ip address.  Now on the computer just go to add printer, next, local printer, next and at the bottom of the next page click on create port and in the drop down choose standard tcp/ip printer and then next and follow the on screen instructions to type in the ip address and then continue and when you get to the makers page choose hp on the left and laserjet 4000 pcl on the right and finish up and it should work just fine.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Ed_Pyle
Message 3 of 3 (991 Views)

Re: HP Install Network Printer Wizard

Thanks for the info David.  My printer is installed on a IPX/SPX port.  However, I did as you suggested but using the IPX/SPX address and everything worked fine.  Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation