HP Color Laserjet 2840 "replace supply" (3607 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Carly Peterson
Message 1 of 10 (3,607 Views)

HP Color Laserjet 2840 "replace supply"

I am getting an error message asking me to "replace supplies" but the toners are all fairly new (we dont do much color printing) and the black cartridge is basically brand new. I just replaced the imaging unit today, thinking this was the problem, but the same error message comes up. The display shows "Replace Supplies" and underneath " and I am getting a blinking red exclamation mark. Please help!
Occasional Visitor
Carly Peterson
Message 2 of 10 (3,597 Views)

Re: HP Color Laserjet 2840 "replace supply"

Also...tried pulling out each of the toners as per another thread and then reinstalling them one by one. Display showed a flashing for yellow, but then it went blank. Each subsequent toner showed up as possibly being empty...? If they're new, why arent they registering with the printer?
Occasional Visitor
Robert Mattler
Message 3 of 10 (3,597 Views)

Please e-mail me with your answer.

My printer also has all fairly new
cartridges however I have a message
stating: "Install Supplies".

HELP !!!
Occasional Visitor
troy roberts
Message 4 of 10 (3,597 Views)

I did not see a reply solving the problem. I recieverd message to change black cartridge. Changed cartridge then god message to replace supplies with a check mark in each of the blocks below. Removed and replaced all cartridges in order. Did not solve problem. My printer will not respond. Have you received a response from anyone? If so, please advise.

Occasional Visitor
Joseph Musil
Message 5 of 10 (3,597 Views)

If you're not using "real" HP replacement cartrdiges, that may be causing the problem
Occasional Visitor
Simon Adell
Message 6 of 10 (3,597 Views)

Same thing for us and I'm afraid I have no answer. We replaced the image drum (with an authentic HP one) and still no luck.
Occasional Visitor
Brian Bridges
Message 7 of 10 (3,597 Views)

take each toner out and put back in one by one. If the problem still occurs, then u may have a faulty toner contact sensor or a bad toner cartridge! Please let me know what took care of the problem or if u need andy additional help
Occasional Visitor
Walter Leineweber
Message 8 of 10 (3,597 Views)

I too have the same problem with brand new genuine HP toner cartridges. Is there an HP rep that can supply a solution?
Occasional Visitor
BKing8258
Message 9 of 10 (2,398 Views)

After replacing the Black ink I am getting a "install supply" message. I have re-installed powered on and off but message still comes up. HELP 

Occasional Visitor
malesela
Message 10 of 10 (234 Views)

Hello please help me with info about the printer,because it does not print,scan or fax.It shows (replace supplies message)I would like to get the info about the said problem.

Regards,

M.G.Rasakanya

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.