HP Color LaserJet 3600n Constantly calibrating (7477 Views)
Occasional Advisor
bbri14
Message 1 of 12 (7,477 Views)

HP Color LaserJet 3600n Constantly calibrating

I have an HP Color LaserJet 3600n printer that is constantly calibrating for hours and won't stop unless the printer is powered off. It does post on the display the levels of the color toners (all fine) and then starts calibrating over again. I'm having trouble finding a solution on the Internet. Powering it down overnight did not help. I have reseated the paper tray and the color toners but that did not help either. I have not tried to remove the jet direct card yet but I was hoping someone here might have some ideas for me to try.
Thanks in advance.
Brino
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
bbri14
Message 2 of 12 (7,477 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet 3600n Constantly calibrating

I finally took the toners completely out and shut the door to let the printer check itself. The printer then said the toner cartridges were missing. So I put them back in, the printer checked itself again, calibrated once, and then stopped. I ran one print job and the printer started a cleaning and then went into ready mode. Not sure if it will do the calibrating thing again later today but for now it seems okay. If anyone knows what might have caused this or what I need to check out or what I need to keep my eye on, I would appreciate finding out.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
bbri14
Message 3 of 12 (7,477 Views)

The printer was in sleep mode last night at the end of the work day, but this morning the printer was calibrating again. Pulling one of the toner cartridges out did not help this time. But I did open and close the top compartment where I believe the fuser is located and after one more calibration, it went back to Ready mode again.
I don't get why it's doing this or what could be triggering it to happen.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
bbri14
Message 4 of 12 (7,477 Views)

I may have found the answer. The enhancement for the firmware upgrade actually says:
"Countermeasure for Environmental Sensor causing multiple successive calibrations." Personally, I think that means it's just too cold here! But hopefully this does the trick. I will try it this evening. The link for those that care:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kevin Trinkner
Message 5 of 12 (7,477 Views)

I'm also having this problem, but with a 3700 and 3800 series color laser.

Does anyone know of a fix for these models?

thanks
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
bbri14
Message 6 of 12 (7,477 Views)

The firmware update seemed to have done the trick for me (as far as I can tell, so far I've had no problems). Have you checked into that yet?

The following is also what someone else suggested to me:
Most color printers have a setting for how often the printer should calibrate itself, this should be accessible from the built-in web server.
- I would check there first to see if you can reset the settings which might trigger the proper calibration sequence.
- Itâ s also possible one of the sensors that detects the toner level and toner status might be going bad or itâ s already bad which would cause it to keep trying to calibrate non-stop.
- As a last test, see if you can reset the printer configuration to factory default, which usually requires a service pass code in some printers.

Hopefully that helps.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kevin Trinkner
Message 7 of 12 (7,477 Views)

I don't know if they have a firmware update addressing that issue for those model printers. I will have to look into it.

If not I will try some of your other suggestions.

Muchos gracias.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
emrjr
Message 8 of 12 (7,477 Views)

How were you able to upgrade the firmware? I tried using WebJet Admin but it couldn't locate the JetDirect card. I tried using the copy command but the printer only has a USB and no LPT. I tried ftp but it's not enabled on the printer and I can't seem to find any indication that the printer can do ftp. I even tried HP Download Manager but couldn't find the JetDirect card. Basically I tried the methods suggested in the Readme file for the firmware update but none of it worked.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
wes hara
Message 9 of 12 (7,477 Views)

I have an HP 3600 that doesn't calibrate too! Has anyone found a fix for the problem?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Pedro Palma
Message 10 of 12 (7,477 Views)

I try to update the firmware but will not let me.
I make the steps emerging Web mometo but I can not until someone could help me
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Sam Hill
Message 11 of 12 (6,979 Views)

i had the same issue, found it was a faulty toner cartridge. if you can replace all toners and try eliminating all the previous toners that you had installed. Worked for me :)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
buzzmeok
Message 12 of 12 (6,979 Views)

Im having the same problem. But mine has the new Firmware in all ready. I have replaced all the toners, all but the yellow, I am waiting for the yellow to come in. Other than that I cant see why its doing that calibrating over and over. Its doing it for 40 mins non stop. Anyone have any ideas. I did cold reset also.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation