HP CP2025 Tray 2 Jam Issue (1325 Views)
Visitor
redduey
Message 1 of 3 (1,325 Views)

HP CP2025 Tray 2 Jam Issue

A CP2025 laserjet printer in the district I work in is having an issue with a error message Jam in Tray 2.  When I looked at it there was no paper jam.  When I filled Tray 2 to the brim and inserted the tray it began to print jobs that were waiting.  Previously the paper in Tray 2 was half full.

The printer prints as long as it has above a 1/2 tray of paper. 

When the machine trys to print with around a 1/2 tray of paper it makes a sound like it is trying to load paper but can not find any.

Seems to me like the roller is not lowering enough to load the tray at 1/2 full.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue?

HP Pro
DaveK.
Message 2 of 3 (1,315 Views)

Re: HP CP2025 Tray 2 Jam Issue

It sounds like the paper lifting mechanism is stuck not allowing the paper stack to be high enough for the pick roller to contact.  Inspect for dislodged/damaged parts looking for any parts interfering with the lifting mechanism.

Hope this helps,

DaveK.

Although I am an HP employee, the information conveyed in this post are my own and do not represent Hewlett Packard's position in any way. 

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 3 of 3 (1,313 Views)

Re: HP CP2025 Tray 2 Jam Issue

It is also possible the pickup roller is worn. Not worn enough where it still moves the paper when the tray is full but has trouble with the tray being half full. On this model the roller is in the back and the lift of the tray is in the rear. Have seen a lot of these with worn rollers. Pain to replace but new roller most times solves the problem.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.