HP CP2025 Phantom Jam? (8974 Views)
Occasional Contributor
lillyerica
Message 1 of 8 (8,974 Views)

HP CP2025 Phantom Jam?

I own a HP cp2025dn color laser printer and have been having issues with phantom paper jams. Last weekend it started giving me errors that there is a "Jam in Tray 2" but ONLY when I try to feed paper in tray 1. Nothing is actually jammed (My husband and I spent 2 hours checking all the trays and doors..definitely nothing!).

Tray 2 prints just fine as long as I do not have anything in tray 1 (override tray).

It doesn't stop me from printing - I can use tray 2 if tray 1 is empty..but since I run my own stationery biz from home it is a bit of an inconvenience to not be able to use Tray 1.

Is there anything I can do to remedy this? Is it possible to disable tray 1 to at least avoid the errors? (I get jam errors when I switch toners and it tries to clean/calibrate and asks me to put paper into tray 1)

I bought the printer just over a year ago so I don't think I'd be covered under any warranty at this point.

Thanks so much in advance for any tips! :)

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 8 (8,943 Views)

Re: HP CP2025 Phantom Jam?

Hi,
Might be this link will be some helpful to you,
http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=3673580

Hope it helps!!
Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Omar Al-Madhoun
Message 3 of 8 (8,939 Views)

hi

is the printer try to pickup paper from tray 1 and then it show you this jam??

and if you are closing tray1 can you print from tray 2??

waiting your kind reply.

thank you :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
steven burson
Message 4 of 8 (8,929 Views)

There is a drop down tray above the cassette for tray 2. Take tray 2 all the way out, there will be little handles, lower the handles to expose the slot where the tray 1 paper feeds through. Look way back in there for a shread of paper. Also try opening the rear door and looking carefully for scraps of paper.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
buzzybear
Message 5 of 8 (7,324 Views)

I have the same exact problem:

When any paper is loaded in to Tray 1 (override), it throws "Jam in Tray 2".

Will print perfectly from Tray 2 if no paper in Tray 1.

Have already replaced DC Controller and PCB Relay boards.

Customer is not real happy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
lillyerica
Message 6 of 8 (7,307 Views)

I'm still having the issue a year later so if you figure it out please post here! :)

I ended up giving up on tray 1 but would love to be able to run the cleaning mode! There is definitely no paper in there causing a jam. I can have tray 2 completely empty and send something to print to tray 1 and it states paper jam in tray 2 anyways.

Printer will print just fine from tray 2 if I remove the paper from tray 1 and close it.

Pain in the butt! Dying for a solution here but support hasn't been any help.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 7 of 8 (7,302 Views)

I have seen this issue a couple of times and both times the issue was the selenoid that releases the pickup roller for tray 1.  It always says jam in tray2 for some reason if though you are trying to use tray 1.  The problem is the selenoid part is not available from hp since this is a repair they would not allow in the field and required a whole unit exchange.  The part is very dfifficult to get to and there are no instructions in the service manaul.  I did not even attempt to get to it since both printers were under warranty.  The part is located on the right side towards the front of the printer next to the pickup roller shaft.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ITWV819
Message 8 of 8 (7,048 Views)

I have had a very similar problem with a customer's CP2025 printer.  It would print multiple pages fine from some applications but any time you print Adobe PDF files (for example), it would print 1 page, then come up with a paper jam message.

I ended up downloading the HP Universal PS driver from the drivers page for the CP2025 (it is further down in the list).  After installing the Universal PS driver, multiple page printing from any application has not been an issue.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation