HP COLOR LASERJET 3600N CALIBRATION PROBLEM (14750 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Maurice Davis
Message 1 of 9 (14,750 Views)

HP COLOR LASERJET 3600N CALIBRATION PROBLEM

My new printer keeps calibrating and it will not stop. I've checked and made sure all packing strips were removed. If I send a document to it, it prints but continues to calibrate afterwards. I've inspected all the toner cartridges and particularly the inside of the printer and couldn't detect anything suspicious. Does anyone have suggestions?
Occasional Visitor
Stacy Wells
Message 2 of 9 (14,750 Views)

Re: HP COLOR LASERJET 3600N CALIBRATION PROBLEM

I encountered the same issue.

I did some research and found this response posted by Tempest790 - December 10, 2006:

I found that the misregistration problem is solved by performing a Full Calibration from time to time. Apparently, the printer only does a quick calibration every now and then. My yellow became way off, and when I did the Full calibration, There was almost no misregistration between colors at all. I'm very impressed. This is not something I see in most color laser printers.

Also, unlike the CNET review, my black text is fantastic. Very sharp. Color text down to 5 points is readable.

So, to recap, the color alignment with this printer 3600N can be an issue; and it is suggested to complete a Full Calibration to reset or align the colors to avoid continual calibration. Let me know if this helps!
Advisor
tech639
Message 3 of 9 (13,038 Views)

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 9 (13,033 Views)

You info is good, however, there are many reason why the printer may not get out of calibration mode. One reason is one of the toners is bad and does not lay down the calibration marks necessary and the print will continue to calibrate trying to calibrate that color. Another reason is the MDA has gotten out of alignment. There is no one fix for the problem as you have to determine the reason and then take appropriate action.
Advisor
Herbert L Smith
Message 5 of 9 (12,890 Views)

David,

If you disable "cartridge check", will the printer calibrate if the MDA is in allignment?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 9 (12,880 Views)

I do not think you can calibrate the printer when it is in disable cartridge check.
Advisor
Herbert L Smith
Message 7 of 9 (12,769 Views)

David,

I had 2 3600n's with calibration issues. Now I have 1. The issue with 1 was a defective HVPS. The other one has what looks to be a bad MDA or Developer Drive Assy. or both. When I 1st looked at it, the Black Flags on the top and bottom drive shafts were pointing toward the front of the printer. I removed the MDA and retimed it per instructions that have worked fine in the past. I made sure the flags were pointing to the rear of the printer. Upon powering up and testing, the black flags had once again moved to face the front again. There sounds like a loose rattle in the gear train sometimes. Have you had any similar issues? ( I also tried a known good HVPS, DC Controller, and Formater.) I was thinking next to replace both mda and dev. drive at same time.

Herb 

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 8 of 9 (12,763 Views)

Did you align the gears that sit behind the MDA. White plastic gears which if not aligned will cause all sorts of issues.
Advisor
Herbert L Smith
Message 9 of 9 (12,761 Views)

David,

I'll check it out next time I'm in the machine. The only thing I aligned were the black flags on the shafts and the MDA itself. It's just a parts machine now with a known bad HVPS at least.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Herb

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.