HP CLJ 2840 Imaging Drum won't print (467 Views)
Occasional Contributor
LBarba
Message 1 of 4 (467 Views)

HP CLJ 2840 Imaging Drum won't print

How do I get my HP CLJ 2840 to print after the Order Drum notification comes up. I ordered a new drum but I need to print some documents before I receive it. The printer does not work. I only receive a message stating "Order Drum" Larry Barba 310-880-1702
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mark Froggatt
Message 2 of 4 (467 Views)

Re: HP CLJ 2840 Imaging Drum won't print

Larry

the printer is locked out until you replace the drum with a new one

Mark
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dorin Dumitrascu
Message 3 of 4 (467 Views)

Hi, I have almost the same problem as Larry, except that in my case the printer is still working... for now. It displays "Order Drum" still.
What should I do? Should I replace the drum or wait until the printer stops working?

Thank you.
Dorin
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 4 (467 Views)

All the printer does is count number of pages printed with current drum and when it reaches a certain level it tells you to order a replacement. If you run a supplies status sheet from the menu on the printer it will tell you how many pages the drum has left to print. If does not mean the drum is bad only that at some point it will have printed the number of pages programmed by hp and will then stop printing. I would order a replacement to have on hand when it does stop or if you want to stretch it out you can go to ebay and sellers there sell a replacement chip which resets the count so you can continue to use the current drum until print quality degrades.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation