Re: HP Basic Color Match Software - 64 bit Vista? (456 Views)
Occasional Contributor
lillyerica
Message 1 of 3 (532 Views)

HP Basic Color Match Software - 64 bit Vista?

I have a HP CP2025dn printer and would love to be able to try the Basic Color Match Software but all the installs I can find won't work with my Vista 64 bit operating system. Does anyone know if a 64 bit compatible version of this software exists? I tried asking customer support but they were clueless and kept explaining how to install a  printer driver (o_0). If it doesn't exist it would be nice to know so I can stop searching! lol

Also - anyone who is also using a 2025dn - Any recommendations for an ICC profile for printing? I have tried Sheetfed Coated/Uncoated and US Web Coated (SWOP) but haven't been completely happy with the results. Thanks in advance!

Occasional Collector
terriwms
Message 2 of 3 (511 Views)

Re: HP Basic Color Match Software - 64 bit Vista?

Did you get this fixed.  I have been trying to use the HP Basic Color Match on Windows XP.  Doesn't work on the software that came with the printer.  Downloaded the corrected one from HP and it doesn't work either.  Thanks loads.

HP Pro
Mark_Q
Message 3 of 3 (456 Views)

Re: HP Basic Color Match Software - 64 bit Vista?

[ Edited ]

Hi lillyerica

With regards to Basic Color Match we are not currently planning on a 64bit update, sorry.

With regards to the ICC profile ...  from your post, am I correct to assume that you are going to be using a PC? The workflow will differ depending on whether you are Mac/PC user, and which printer driver you are using. 

Since most software applications are not very "color aware" you may get different results - for better or worse.  If you are going to use a CMYK profile then you will need to use the HP Postscript UPD driver, and a PS aware application - like PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.  and all content must be converted to CMYK prior to printing.  A SWOP profile would be a suitable target for this workflow, since the printers can simulate the SWOP process.

If you are wanting to use an RGB workflow - MS Office Applications, then you will need to set-up the printer driver correctly.  We have a white paper on how to print using ICC, I need to take a look to see if I can find it.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP) .....
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.