HP 5550 49.2FCC service error (3556 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Flackjacket11
Message 1 of 7 (3,556 Views)

HP 5550 49.2FCC service error

Hi,

Originally the printer was on the network so I disconnected it from the LAN and connected a USB cable to a laptop to the printer. Power cycled the printer without any luck.

My goal is to put it back on the network.

Sincerely,

Al
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 7 (3,556 Views)

Re: HP 5550 49.2FCC service error

generally it is a firmware /formatter communication error.often it is from corrupt jobs comming in or a conflict between application and driver,but if you disconnected from network or all connections and powered it up standalone then it may be a firmware issue,formatter issue or something on the formatter,like a network card or added memory,possibly hard disk or any kind of connectivity cards.

you could try to take off any of those.if you have a 615n network card ,i would start there;many issues with those.and then power it up and see if it clears.or just take off all of the above (of which there is),and see if it clears.if it does then put them back one at a time and see.

if it is firmware i don't know if you can flash it if it will not come to ready.you could try to pull out and reseat the formatter if nothing else.
Occasional Advisor
Flackjacket11
Message 3 of 7 (3,556 Views)

Hey Raz,

Thanks for the guidance.

There was a link light on the 620N NIC card before I pulled the RJ-45 out. I removed the NIC and power cycled the printer and got 49.2FCC error again. I will attempt to find another NIC that is working on another 5550 in my office.

We haven't made any memory upgrades and do not have any other connectivity cards.

I'm not sure where the HD is at the moment and have never tried to update firmware on a 5550.

Please advise.
Occasional Advisor
Flackjacket11
Message 4 of 7 (3,556 Views)

I just completed the latest firmware update and got the yellow smiley face and my 5550 still has the 49.2fcc service error.

I also tried a 610N nic card and get the same message.

Really lost right now.
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 5 of 7 (3,556 Views)

might be a bad formatter,have you tried to take it out and reseat it?on the formatter around between the top EIO slot and the middle slot on the right side there should be a small hole with an LED in it.it should blink on and off at a steady pace,like a heartbeat.

it may not help but at this point it might not hurt to try a cold reset if the machine will start its memory count at startup.since for cold reset right after you power on and the memory count starts,you press and hold the select(checkmark) button and continue to hold it til all the led's come on and stay on.then release and "select language" should appear.then use the arrows to scroll up to "cold reset" and hit the select button again.
Occasional Advisor
Flackjacket11
Message 6 of 7 (3,556 Views)

I can see the green heartbeat and will open up the panel and reseat it.

I tried a cold reset by holding the the green check mark. The message "Clearing Stale Data on Par Port" appeared and when it was done initializing the error message appeared.

I will attempt reseating the formatter with the nic card pulled out.
Occasional Advisor
Flackjacket11
Message 7 of 7 (3,556 Views)

I reseated the formatter and the steady green heartbeat is on.

Does that mean my formatter is OK?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.