Re: HP 4350 printer Manual IP changed to DHCP after restart?? (360 Views)
Occasional Visitor
HPGeek
Message 1 of 5 (402 Views)

HP 4350 printer Manual IP changed to DHCP after restart??

Hello,

I'm trying to put 4350 printer onto my network, after giving manual static IP, mask, gateway dns of my local network when I restart printer manual IP setting changed to DHCP?? Why it is not saving manual settings permanently?

Please help. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (394 Views)

Re: HP 4350 printer Manual IP changed to DHCP after restart??

If you applied the settings it should stay. Another option you can try is to use the host name of the printer rather than the ip address when adding the printer to each computer. The host name never changes and you can easily modify current computers with the printer by going into printer properties and editing the port to change the ip address to the host name.
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Oldscout
Message 3 of 5 (380 Views)

Make sure you go into your network settings on the printer and make sure the ip address is set to Manual and not bottip or DHCP.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 4 of 5 (375 Views)

Hello, is the machine giving you a 169 ip address? Also, what you could do is a renew/release in the command prompt, did you have another device/printer connected through this ip address prior to the 4350? I wonder if it is trying to find the old device/printer through the mac address. Not sure if this will help just my two cents.

Hope this helps....

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
HPGeek
Message 5 of 5 (360 Views)

Thank you everyone for quick replies...but now seems working fine I restarted and checked again now it's normal and functional. :)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation