HP 4250 wants to print to tray 1 default (1234 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Thor Amundson
Message 1 of 3 (1,234 Views)

HP 4250 wants to print to tray 1 default

I would like to be able to set up tray 1 for manual feed only and not have it look for paper every time I print out of a Windows application. I then have to press the check button to have it print to another tray
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (1,234 Views)

Re: HP 4250 wants to print to tray 1 default

Someone must have messed with the settings. Best way is to do a cold reset back to factory defaults. On your printer turn it off and then turn back on. When the memeory starts to count press and hold the green check mark button until all 3 lights come on solid. At this point the menu will say select language. Use the down arrow to go to cold reset and press the check mark button. Now try to print and see if it takes the paper from the paper tray and not the manual tray. If it still ask to load whatever in tray 1, then it may be that the paper tray is not set correctly and the paper size you have is not recognized by the printer. Usually it is a case of someone changing the type of paper in the tray to lets say bond and when you send a job which want plain paper the printer asks you to load on tray 1. When you press the button it is really saying use bond instead and you are saying yes.
Honored Contributor
Dewaine Chan
Message 3 of 3 (1,234 Views)

Re: HP 4250 wants to print to tray 1 default

If your printer is networked, power it down and remove the JetDirect print server first befor eyou do a Cold Reset. Reinstall the JetDirect card after the Cold Reset with the print er powered off.

D>
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.