Re: HP 3000n Install Magenta Cartridge Error (462 Views)
Regular Advisor
Message 1 of 3 (463 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 3000n Install Magenta Cartridge Error

Replaced the magenta cartridge and no matter what it is not recognized. Tried putting the old one back in and that is not recognized. When powered on and after initializing it at first shows all four cartridges as present and full then after a pause reports that the magenta is missing. It does not seem to seat completely when first installed but after closing the front door and finally getting the "Install Magenta Cartridge" if the door is opened and I check for seating it is fully seated.

Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (462 Views)

Re: HP 3000n Install Magenta Cartridge Error

There is a bunch of info available on the web about these cartridge errors on this print engine. Here is an example.

http://www.printersupplies.com/p-Q5982-67925~ColorLaserjet3600Parts.html

Also http://blog.marketpoint.com/2011/12/15/hp-color-laserjet-3000-3600-3800-and-cp3505-cartridges-not-en...

Not an easy thing to fix if your parts are broken.

Regular Advisor
Message 3 of 3 (454 Views)

Re: HP 3000n Install Magenta Cartridge Error

Thanks for all the information. I was dreading that it would be the lock or spring after looking at the amount of tear down needed to repair that problem. I gave it a closer look with a better flash light and having removed all of the cartridges. I spotted that on the right side as you look in the front of the printer there are small spring/clips for each cartridge. The bottom one (magenta) had a piece of plastic in it that seemed to fit perfectly. None of the others did. I took a wild chance and removed it, it had a small hole in it that had captured the metal spring/clip. Once I got the piece out I saw it had broken off of the old cartridge somehow and stayed there. I reinstalled the cartridges, crossed my fingers and yahoo it is working again!

Thanks for your help

Jon

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.