07-09-2003 11:12 AM
By the way, I've made sure to rock the cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner, so that isn't the problem. Any suggestions?
07-09-2003 11:49 AM
One can change the toner density (1 is light, 5 is dark) by sending a PJL command to the printer. HP's Status Readback Tool is a graphical tool that can do this (among other things). Here are the steps:
1. Go to http://www.hpdevelopersolutions.com/index.cfm
2. Join the program as a free Affiliate Member
3. Click on developer kits, LaserJet, LaserJet Communication, LaserJet Communication Tools and Code.
4. Download the Status Readback Tool (srtool.exe). There is no installation. Just run the exe to start the utility.
5. Download the SR Tool Documentation (srtool.pdf). Use the sample exercise to become familiar with the SR Tool.
6. Here is a link to a screen capture of the PJL code that you will be sending to the printer. Note the first character in each line is (Esc):
(Instead of MANUALFEED=OFF, yours will read DENSITY=5.)
If you have trouble creating the escape character, just copy and paste it from one of the other two lines.
Please let us know what happens.
07-09-2003 12:47 PM