HP 1320 LaserJet Printer - Warning light flashing - no printing (11425 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Evan Richards
Message 1 of 10 (11,425 Views)

HP 1320 LaserJet Printer - Warning light flashing - no printing

Hi,

This is my first thread on this site and after searching the forum cannot seem to find the answer to my problem.

I have a 1320 laserjet printer and it does not print. The warning light just keeps flashing. I have checked for paper james, open printer doors etc. using the torubleshooting software i had with the printer but nothing seems to work.

Is this a common printer problem with this series?

I would love any repsonses that may help because it's quite urgent. i just don't know what else to try.

Thanks in advance
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mcprinter
Message 2 of 10 (11,425 Views)

Re: HP 1320 LaserJet Printer - Warning light flashing - no printing

Hi Evan,

When you switch the printer on or close the door does the motor turn?

If not, paper jam or cover open.

If it does, no paper detected in the tray or toner not detected.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Evan Richards
Message 3 of 10 (11,425 Views)

no the motor does not turn, it's silent when you reshut the doors.

there was originally paper jammed but this was removed, the light has been flashing since
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mcprinter
Message 4 of 10 (11,425 Views)

Did the jammed paper come out in one piece?

Check under the toner cartridge and insode the rear door.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Pat Flanagan
Message 5 of 10 (11,425 Views)

Evan,

I'm agreeing with where Mc Printer's going. If even a tiny scrap of the jammed paper is still in the printer at the wrong place (like stuck in a sensor), it could cause this.

Since you said you're new, here's the light patterns troubleshooting page for your printer:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=...

And here's the main support page:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=410622〈=en&cc=us

Pat
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 6 of 10 (11,425 Views)

Lets see if I can explain this where it helps. All hp laser printers have sensors and sensor flags in the paper path. Each of those sensors are activated or inactivated as the paper goes thru the printer. All of this has to occur in a set amount of time or the printer thinks there is a jam and stops the printing. In your case one of the sensor flags is most likely in the wrong position due to a scrap of paper still being stuck or the method you used to remove the jam has somehow made the sensor flag stay in the wrong position (they usaually have a spring attached and sometimes removing a jam to hard can pull the spring out of position). In your case where the jam occured is very important. My assumption is in the fuser area as the paper was leaving the printer. If that is the case open the back, get a flashlight and shine it towards the back and look for that flag or any paper stuck in the fuser.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Robert Min
Message 7 of 10 (11,425 Views)

Hi, im having a similar problem where the amber light stays on and the two green lights keep flashing. No jam, motor comes on, printer was working pefectly. new toner, etc
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
roy Hanson
Message 8 of 10 (11,425 Views)

one of the paper sensor maybe out of alignment, check the printer cavity and the rear where the fuser is.
its always urgent! thats why we take our time
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
desertspirit
Message 9 of 10 (7,872 Views)

Take the paper tray out. There is a green tab on the left. Push on it, and this tray will drop down. This is where the paper jams usually occur. If no paper can be seen in there, snap the tray back up and into place. This will correct the ! flashing light.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
3Jdad
Message 10 of 10 (6,351 Views)

The advice to push the green lever inside  the paper tray compartment and clicked it back on worked as a charm for me. I was really frustrated because I just took this printer for a repair for the same thing and it cost me $100.0 dollars for repair, only to get home and the same thing reappears again.

I should have checked this site before spending $100.0 for nothing.

Thank you so much for those who provide free service for others to benefit from.

God bless you!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation