Re: Getting duplexing set up for LaserJet 600 M602dn (CE992A) (166 Views)
Occasional Visitor
JoeScudder
Message 1 of 2 (179 Views)

Getting duplexing set up for LaserJet 600 M602dn (CE992A)

My LaserJet M602dn arrived last week and I am having a devil of a time getting the duplexing feature to work.

I am running Windows 8 on a new HP Core i7. I have installed the driver for Windows 8 from the HP site. The firmware appears to be the latest available.

I installed the duplexing tray, but it does not seem to fit as well on one side as the other. I have taken it out and reinserted it.

The duplexing tray does  not appear on my configuration page.

When I try to print in Microsoft Office Word version 2013, only manual duplexing appears as an option.

I tried searching this site for answers and have spent five or six hours trying to troubleshoot this problem.

The printer works great in single-sided mode.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 2 (166 Views)

Re: Getting duplexing set up for LaserJet 600 M602dn (CE992A)

You need to contact hp customer care. Unit comes with a warranty and on-site service. If they can not work with you over the phone and get it working, then they will either send you a replacement duplex unit or send a tech out to fix the problem. The fact that the duplex unit does not show on the config page indicates and hardware issue. Just make sure the connector opening on the unit is not covered which may be the issue with one side not going in all the way.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.