Re: Firmware corrupt: LJ M2727nf (1525 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ivaylo Bedrov
Message 1 of 21 (9,829 Views)

Firmware corrupt: LJ M2727nf

We have a problem with the office printer - LaserJet M2727nf. From time to time it would just freeze. We downloaded the new firmware, but while updating it blocked again and on the next boot it displayed "Firmware Corrupt, Ready 2 Download". It is now unreachable through the network, and when trying to connect it to a PC via USB cable, Windows does not recognize it at all.
Is there a way to fix it - perhaps with cold reset? I couldn't find anywhere how to perform it neither on this site, nor in the user manual. Have tried several times with pressing the OK button while turning on, but then it just turns on all lights and displays nothing.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Hynek Kruzik
Message 2 of 21 (9,768 Views)

Re: Firmware corrupt: LJ M2727nf

Unfortunately, I just recognised exactly same problem with my LaserJet M2727nf printer. The printer started to freeze upredictably several days before. After an attempt to instal last firmware update the printer had been blocked and after reboot (power down and up) message "Firmware Corrupt, Ready 2 Download" appeared.
Can anybody send instructions how to fix this problem?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ivaylo Bedrov
Message 3 of 21 (9,768 Views)

Sorry mate, no solution. It turned out that our printer was showing this message because some chip got fried. Thay's what the guys at HP service shop told us when we brought it there. The solution is to replace it (the chip, not the printer). We had ours repaired for about a week or so, but we waited for the part to come from Germany - the Czech shops may deal with it faster.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Hynek Kruzik
Message 4 of 21 (9,768 Views)

Thanks Ivaylo for information. At least it will save some time for me. Let's hope that HP servis can repaire it quickly.

Hynek
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Kodiak
Message 5 of 21 (9,768 Views)

Hello!

I know how to solve this problem.

First you must turn your printer on and if it shows "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download", that's what we need.

If LCD screen is blank, then clear all tasks for this printer and delete its driver from "Printers and Faxes". Now turn it off and on again. Do it untill "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" shows.

------------------------------------------

When we see "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" we should do as follows:

1) TURN PRINTER'S POWER OFF
(USB should stay connected)

2) Delete installed driver (if exists)

3) Manually install driver for your printer
(When choosing port, use one of "Virtual Printer Ports for USB" which is your printer connected to)

4) Run firmware update program from HP Support web page
(PRINTER IS OFF)

5) In firmware update program's window choose your printer (manually installed) and press "Send Firmware" button

6) Wait for firmware to be completely sent to your printer's task window

7) TURN YOUR PRINTER ON

8) First you will see "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download" message. If there is no such message, turn off and on again untill it shows. Then message will change to "Downloading...", "Erasing..." and "Programming..."

9) When all this operations end, printer'll ask you to turn it off and on.

That's all. No need to contact HP Support or buy any parts.

P.S. While "Downloading...", "Erasing..." or "Programming...", printer may hang. It's not fatal. Just repeat all operations again.
To prevent hangs use quality USB cable when updating firmware.

P.P.S. Sorry for bad english. I'm russian...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
T Palm
Message 6 of 21 (9,768 Views)

Thank you, brother!
You saved my printer, and saved my time, your message!
We, the Russian will win!
With greetings from Moscow!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Baekelandt Alex
Message 7 of 21 (9,768 Views)

thx, worked for me !!!!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
davidbbgirl
Message 8 of 21 (9,768 Views)

I tried your fix, but it hung up twice. The thrid time when I turned it back on after loading firmware it wien to the Hewlett-Packard with 2 arrows and stopped.
Any ideas on what to do?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dmitry Kulagin
Message 9 of 21 (9,768 Views)

I have the same problems, when I tried to update firmware device is hang. Then it only shows "Firmware Corrupt, Ready 2 Download".
Next I try to fix it with the way that Kodi@k says. But it hangs every time. And now it shows only
"Hewlett Packard
>>"

What can I do, before take it to HP service?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jan menzel
Message 10 of 21 (9,768 Views)

I have the same problem.
HP M1522 worked fine for 9 months, then freezes after 10m of use each time.
thats why I update the firmware from 2008 to the newest 20090403.
the update process hang during the diplay indicated "erasing". I tured off/on the printer.
"Firmware Corrupt"
"Ready 2 Download"

I deinstalled the Software, rebooted.
Started the Softare installtion until the message apperas "turn the printer on"
After turning on,
contine the install process was not possible because the installing software didn't recognize the USB printer.

I guess I have no chance?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Kodiak
Message 11 of 21 (9,161 Views)

Dmitry Kulagin, Seems like hardware malfunction... Ð­Ñ Ð° Ñ ÐµÑ Ð¸Ñ Ð¿Ñ Ð¸Ð½Ñ Ð°ÐºÐ¾Ð² Ð³Ð»Ñ Ñ Ð½Ð¾Ð²Ð°Ñ Ð°... Ð Ð¾Ñ Ð¾Ð¶Ðµ Ñ Ñ Ð¾ в Ñ ÐµÐ¼Ð¾Ð½Ñ ... Contact HP Service...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Kodiak
Message 12 of 21 (9,161 Views)

davidbbgirl, Seems like hardware malfunction... Contact HP Service...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Kodiak
Message 13 of 21 (9,161 Views)

jan menzel, Before starting Installation software You need to do THIS:

PRINTER MUST BE OFF!!!

2) Delete installed driver

3) MANUALLY install driver for your turned off printer.
MANUALLY choose port. Use one of "Virtual Printer Ports for USB" which is your printer connected to.
(PRINTER STILL OFF)

4) Run firmware update Installation program from HP Support web page
(PRINTER STILL OFF)

5) In firmware update Installation program's window choose your printer (manually installed) and press "Send Firmware" button

6) Wait for firmware to be completely sent to your printer's task window.

7) TURN YOUR PRINTER ON

And wait...

In your case it MUST help!
Good luck!
Please use plain text.
Axl
Occasional Visitor
Axl
Message 14 of 21 (9,161 Views)

Thanks to Kodi@k, "Firmware Corrupt, Ready 2 Download" problem solved. Note to use computer free of hp printers installed. Good luck to all.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Adao Teixeira
Message 15 of 21 (9,161 Views)

I Kodiak, I have same problem with a CP2025dn, I did all steps as you wrote, but in "Erasing..." the printer hangs (I waited several minutes and nothing happens).

Did you recommend anything?

Thanks,
Adao
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Adao Teixeira
Message 16 of 21 (9,161 Views)

Is resolved, I replaced the printer that was still in warranty.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Griffinnetworks
Message 17 of 21 (8,646 Views)

My printer locked up and would never display the message "Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download"  I then opened up the side of the printer on the motherboard short the 2 pins on P111 then booted the printer.   After that I was able to load the Firmware update following "Kodiak" script.  

Also I found this printer can be replace at HP for $69 for a refurbished one.  This is because they have had so many problem with it.

call HP at 1800-HP-invent

another company clams it's free

call 1718-776-0800

Please use plain text.
PRO
Occasional Advisor
PRO
Message 18 of 21 (5,560 Views)

[ Edited ]

Many, many thanks to our friend Kodiak, he saved money and headaches to all of us who had a fault "Firmware Corrupt, Ready 2 Download"!!!

His explanation was so precise and confident, so I had no doubt it should fix the problem. 

I tried several times without success, then used another computer without any other print drivers, also took a good USB cable. Finally it happen exactly as described by Kodiak!

Kodiak, friend, you are great!!!

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mourhaf
Message 19 of 21 (3,800 Views)

hi

i just wanna ask you that my printer it stopped on Hewlett-Packard and can't go on , all that hasppend after i update the framware it start with erasing and then programming and didn't complete so i turn it off and when i turn it on again that (Hewlett-Packard) is show on printer screen and no Continue

what can i do??

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
hilmarrosenast
Message 20 of 21 (2,051 Views)

My printer shows "Firmware corrupt ready 12 download". I thought that bey uninstalling the printer and then reinstalling it it would resolve the problem. Now I cannot even install the printer and yet the printer shows still the same message. What do I do now to clear the printer and reinstall the printer?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
dourt18
Message 21 of 21 (1,525 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have hp printer model m451nw i read your forum regarding about the problem of my hp printer in the pinter dialog box saying that firmware ready 2 dowload. I try your instructions how to update the firmware but until only in the erasing i tried sevelar time but unfortunetly until only in erasing . I'am hoping for your positive response on this matter thank you and God bless!...

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation