Error 57.1 worth fixin'? (3150 Views)
Occasional Visitor
kyappraiser
Message 1 of 4 (3,150 Views)

Error 57.1 worth fixin'?

Have a HP4550 LJ color printer have had for 5-6 years.

Got error 57.1 is it worth repairing or junk it and buy a new one??
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 4 (3,150 Views)

Re: Error 57.1 worth fixin'?

That is the fan in the left rear of the printer is not working. Best thing to do is remove the top cover and then the left side cover. If you can it will take some removal of screws take the fan out and clean it out real good. These printer get a lot of toner dust, most times magenta which builds up and adhers to the fan blades and prevents them from turning. Clean the fan real good and if you want peel back the label on the fan real slow and it will expose a shaft. Put a drop of light machine oil over the shaft and turn the blade a few times to work it in. Put the label back on and put the covers back on and fire it up and it may be ok. If not that fan needs to be replaced and it should be available form hp parts.
Occasional Visitor
Roel Catoto
Message 3 of 4 (3,150 Views)

Hi,Hp.

I have a problem in my printer. I cannot fix this because i'm clueless and besides the hp center in my hometown is very far and it take me their by plane or by ship.

It shows on the screen on my Laser Jet Printer 5100--57.1 Printer Error Cycle Power to continue.

i'm clueless on this problem. What does it mean? How can i solve this problem. Help me. Thanks.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 4 (3,150 Views)

You should have just started a new post. All it means is the same as the other printer except on your printere the fan on the right side is not working. You need to remove the top and right covers and you will see the fan towards the rear. Just try to clean it up and rmeove the connector and put it back and see if that helps. Also make sure you are not blocking the fan as it needs to pull in air to help the printers electrical components.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.