01-07-2010 11:27 AM
03-24-2010 03:22 AM
Here's what the Service Manual has to say on this matter:
1. Turn the printer off and then on.
2. Try printing a job from a different program. If the job prints, try printing a different file from the original program. If the message appears only with a certain program or print job, contact the software vendor for assistance.
3. If the message persists with different programs and print jobs, disconnect all of the printer cables that connect to the network or the computer.
4. Turn the printer off.
5. Remove all memory DIMMs or thirdparty DIMMs from the printer. (Do not remove the firmware DIMM in the lower slot J1).
6. Remove the printer EIO card.
7. Turn the printer on.
8. If the error does not persist, install each DIMM and EIO device one at a time. Turn the printer off and then on again after installing each device.
9. Replace DIMMs and EIO devices as necessary.
10. Reconnect all of the printer cables.
11. If the error persists, replace the firmware DIMM.
12. Replace the formatter and calibrate the printer.
03-24-2010 03:31 AM
03-24-2010 04:42 AM
I've had a look on the formatter board and the RAM slot is empty. The Service Manual makes mention of a 'Firmware DIMM' in slot J1, but does not say where this is.
I'm probably having to look at replacing the formatter. I don't think I can flash the firmware as the error occurs at boot and the printer does not complete it's start-up sequence.
03-24-2010 06:30 AM
As the error is occurring during boot, rather than when a job is submitted, it fails even with no connectivity cables attached.
03-24-2010 06:37 AM