Re: Duplex problem (243 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Farid.Uddin
Message 1 of 5 (552 Views)

Duplex problem

Hi:

I am using HP 4200 duplex enabled printer. Whenever I print one page document, the duplexer roll the page twice. I want that when I print one page document, the duplexer rolls the page once.

Please help me.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (552 Views)

Re: Duplex problem

This is happening since you have duplex turned on at the printer or you have duplex as the default in your printer driver. If you are using a windows driver just have duplex not checked as default and only check it when you need to use duplex. Some people make two drivers one with duplex chosen and one without and then choose the appropriate printer when they print. The duplex turned on at the printer will only effect non-windows jobs as windows tells the printer when to use duplex.
Occasional Contributor
Farid.Uddin
Message 3 of 5 (552 Views)

Hi we are using HP 4200 printer as network printer. We have Network 4350D, 2420D printer that also duplex enabled. This printers duplex function work when more than one page printer printer other wise single page printed simplex.
But only 4200D laser printer print single page with duplex. We made default settings for duplex. We want only 2 pages print with duplex and single page simplex.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 5 (552 Views)

Lets do a test. At the printer, turn off duplex. Now print a configuraton page and see if it prints in simplex. If it does, then your issue is driver related and I really think someone has set the default as duplex so even if a single page is printed the printer uses duplex. To prove the point just change the driver of the 4200 on one pc to the 4350 duplex and see if it does the same thing.
Occasional Visitor
djcollins
Message 5 of 5 (243 Views)

I have the same problem except tht in my case I have Duplerx trurned OFF on the printer and ini the printer properties.  It only happens from manual feed on tray one and this just started.  It worked fine up until this week.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.