03-21-2012 02:33 AM
Color laser cp 5225 showing 55.0601 error .wht should i check whether dc controller or formatter If anybody faced the problem before kindly provide the possible solution.
05-09-2013 03:09 AM
This is DC controller NVRAM data error.
You can perform the following step
Turn the product off and on.
If the problem remains,
replace the DC controller
05-09-2013 04:37 AM
- Power cycle the printer
- Check if the printer comes to ready. If it display's the same error , please perform
( CAUTION: All network settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before performing
an NVRAM initialization. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the configuration page. You need
to restore the IP address after performing an NVRAM initialization )
Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:
● All menu settings are reset to factory default values.
● All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.
After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product so that
the computers can recognize the product.
Perform an NVRAM initialization
1. Turn the product off.
2. Simultaneously press the Right arrow button and the X button. Keep these buttons depressed
as you turn the product on.
3. When Permanent storage init. appears on the display, release both buttons.
4. When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.
- If performing NVRAM does not resolve the issue , we need to replace the DC Controller.
05-09-2013 05:34 AM
Its a problem with DC controller NVRAM data error. Turn the product Off and On but it that doesn't work please call HP support to replace the DC controller PCA.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
05-09-2013 06:40 AM
This error is related to DC controller NVRAM data error.
Try power cycling the printer. If the error still persists,
replace the DC controller PCA.