Color Laserjet CM2320fxi MFP - password reset (12903 Views)
Occasional Visitor
S Sorel
Message 1 of 2 (12,903 Views)
Accepted Solution

Color Laserjet CM2320fxi MFP - password reset

I recently installed a CM2320 and set a password for it, but somehow must have entered it wrong because it's now saying it's invalid when I try to enter it.

Is there any way I can do something like a cold reset of the printer so I can re-enter (carefully!) the password?

The manual only has information for doing a reset *after* the password has been entered.

I figured out something that seems to put it in a reset mode - holding down the ok and cancel keys simultaneously while turning it on - but I don't know where to go from here.

Any help much appreciated.
Honored Contributor
MJS1240!
Message 2 of 2 (12,846 Views)

Re: Color Laserjet CM2320fxi MFP - password reset

â All menu settings are reset to factory default values.
â All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.
CAUTION: All onboard network settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before restoring defaults. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You might need to restore the IP address after an NVRAM initialization. After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product. Uninstall and then reinstall the product software on the computers.
1. Turn the product off.
2. Simultaneously press the right arrow button and the Cancel button . Hold these buttons as you turn the product on.
3. When Permanent storage init. appears on the display, release both buttons. When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.