Color LaserJet 2840 - printing blank pages (2066 Views)
Occasional Visitor
alexissky
Message 1 of 8 (2,066 Views)

Color LaserJet 2840 - printing blank pages

The printer is printing blank pages, even when I print out the system report. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks...
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 8 (2,066 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2840 - printing blank pages

If saying the report from the menu on the printer itself comes out blank, then the most likely cause I think since it has been a while is there is a protusion on the right side of the toner cover which activates the laser/scanner switch. If that protusion has broken then you will get blank pages. I think there is a shutter for the laser/scanner which is activated by that same switch.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
alexissky
Message 3 of 8 (2,066 Views)

Actually one of the pins seems to be broken off the imaging drum. But I did pull it out anyway & a toner & put them back in again, hoping this would help. It didn't.

Printing is faded now. The ink smears down the page in about 4 vertical columns fading gradually to a blank page at the bottom half of configuration report p. 2.

Solution? Thanks...
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 8 (2,066 Views)

First need you need to do is get a image drum that does not have any defects and see if that solves the issue.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dennis Doland
Message 5 of 8 (2,066 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Blank pages whether from a computer, scanner, fax, or copy. All new toners and drum. Can someone explain to me exactly what this protusion looks like and where I can find it? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 6 of 8 (2,066 Views)

Hi All...

Try printing a configuration report frm printer menu... if it still prints blank pages thn print a engine test page, if he issue still persist then the printer needs to be serviced, the issue might be with the formatter...

If the printer is under warranty, contact HP tech support on chat or phone, they ll assist u further..
Thank you!

I am an HP Employee.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tracy R. Richardson
Message 7 of 8 (2,066 Views)

I'm having the same problem. Printing any reports from the menu results in a blank page. Printer acts as if nothing is wrong. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
printercare
Message 8 of 8 (817 Views)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation