Color LaserJet 2840 for Windows 7 (64-Bit) (1900 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ShaneMac
Message 1 of 4 (1,900 Views)

Color LaserJet 2840 for Windows 7 (64-Bit)

Cannot find driver for a Color LaserJet 2840 for Windows 7 64-Bit. The universal print driver works, but only prints in B&W, there is no option for color. It there something we could use.

HP Pro
Dav_D
Message 2 of 4 (1,857 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2840 for Windows 7 (64-Bit)

Hi,

Here is the Windows 7 64 bit specific information you are asking about:

Windows 7 (64 bit) Software Availability

Print Driver Available in Windows 7

Print drivers for your product are available within the Windows 7 operating system. LaserJet model specific printer drivers are currently available within the Windows 7 operating system. Installation of these drivers can be performed via Devices and Printers, formerly known as the Add Printer Wizard.

If the model specific driver that you are looking for does not appear in the list of available printers, clicking the Windows Update button underneath the list of available printers may provide additional drivers to choose from. Requires opt-in to Microsoft Windows Update and Internet connection.

Please click on the solution below:

HP LaserJet, Color LaserJet, and LaserJet AiO/MFP Products - Use Add Printer Wizard to Install the O...

Scan and Fax Options

Your LaserJet AiO/MFP product is supported. Model specific print and scan drivers will be available within the Windows 7 operating system. LaserJet model specific printer and scan drivers are currently available within the Windows 7 operating system.

Installation of these drivers can be performed via Plug and Play for print and scan functionality over a USB connection. The scan driver can be accessed from the Microsoft Windows Fax and Scan application, or other installed scan compliant applications.

Print only functionality is supported via a network connection. Installation of the print driver can be performed via Device and Printers formerly known as the Add Printer Wizard.

If the model specific driver that you are looking for does not appear in the available list of available printers, clicking the Windows Update button underneath the list of available printers may provide additional drivers to choose from. Requires opt-in to Microsoft Windows Update and Internet connection.

Please click on the solution below:

HP Color LaserJet and LaserJet AiO/MFP Products - Use the Scan and Fax Software in Windows 7

I work for HP.

I work for HP.
Occasional Visitor
EJ04
Message 3 of 4 (1,606 Views)

Did that last reply help from Dav_D? Just curious, because I have the same problem. Thanks.

Occasional Visitor
miamimike
Message 4 of 4 (1,571 Views)

I'm a late bloomer to Windows 7; after my HD crashed the other day I decided to install Win7 64 bit. 

From reading all the forums and desperately searching google it seems you can ONLY Print over the network but have to plug directly into USB to SCAN and FAX. It doesn't bother me as much that you have to fax directly from the Printer, since that is how I use it anyway, but It's ridiculous that HP abandoned the remote scanning capabilities of this product. Printing and Scanning over the Network is the only reason I bought it and I'm sure MOST people bought it for all three reasons. I cannot move my printer next to my PC to scan to my computer. So now I have to either run a VM to use dual-boot to boot to windows XP to use the functions I am used to. How crazy is that? I can assure you when I finally run out of toner I will be selling this thing for something better and possibly even a NON-HP product. It's sad HP, you used to be the leader in compute and printers and now you are neither. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.