Color LaserJet 2600n "No Strings in ROM" (2689 Views)
Occasional Visitor
George T
Message 1 of 3 (2,689 Views)

Color LaserJet 2600n "No Strings in ROM"

Hi all,
I've got a problem with my LaserJet 2600n.
It didn't print, the display said : Engine comm. error.
And there is a strange noise, like a relay turning on/off, on/off, ... etc.

The test button on the back, NVRAM reset, second service menu -> reset to factory defaults.. nothing worked.

so I did a firmware upgrade to 20070716.
the noise is gone, but it still doesn't work.

the display is off and sending a job to the printer causes the message "no strings in RO.." (maybe its ROM or R0..don't know) on the display.

NVRAM reset doesn't work, turning off (described in http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1197178) didn't solve the problem

Anybody an idea?

thanks!
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (2,689 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2600n "No Strings in ROM"

I assume something went wrong with the firmware upgrade since there was probably something wrong overall since it did not even do an engine test. When the printer will not do an engine test it has major problems and repairing it is really not worth it. Your best bet would be to pickup a refurb unit off ebay that comes with a 1 year warranty, but does NOT include toners, but you can move your toners over to the replacement. They cost under 100.00 which includes shipping and is way cheaper then it will cost to repair your unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-LaserJet-2600N-Laser-Color-Network-Printer-Bonus-USB_W0QQitemZ120284259114QQi...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
George T
Message 3 of 3 (2,689 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2600n "No Strings in ROM"

thank you for the quick answer!

propably it's the best way..
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation