Color LaserJet 2600n leaking colors (902 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Lani Sykes
Message 1 of 3 (902 Views)

Color LaserJet 2600n leaking colors

My toners are leaking on the right hand side of the printer and making a mess on my correspondence.

Any ideas? I already replaced the blue toner cartridge once, thinking that it was their defective product (office max) and now the green and blue are leaking.

Is this the toner or the printer?

Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
Robert Sturrock
Message 2 of 3 (891 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2600n leaking colors

I am having a similar problem with my Color LaserJet 2600N. It seems to be dumping ink all over the page. The page appears to have a purple tint to it. It looks very unprofessional and I'm not sure if it's because I purchased refurbished toner. I have only had this printer for about 2 years and rarely use it.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Valued Contributor
PCH Cruisin
Message 3 of 3 (891 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2600n leaking colors

Hey Guys,

HP color lasers are notorious for not liking after market color cartridges. Both of the problems you describe are directly attributable to those off brand cartridges.

You can try taking them back and exchanging them but your chance of getting ones that work are slim...especially in the 2600 series printers.

Open the cover of your printer, and as you do so the cartridge covers close. You should be able to look at the drum inside each cartridge. If there's any toner on the drum, it's bad and that would cause toner to dump onto the printed page.

Good luck,
John
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.