Color LaserJet 1600 Toolbox - web page wont display (780 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Deborah Nicholls-Marcy
Message 1 of 4 (780 Views)

Color LaserJet 1600 Toolbox - web page wont display

Have uninstalled and re-installed newly purchased Color LaserJet 1600 4 times now and cannot get Toolbox to run the device settings page. Am getting "This error (HTTP 400 Bad Request) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the web server, but the webpage could not be found because of a problem with the address." What am I doing wrong please? I have tried to selfhelp but am going round in circles. Have tried from CD twice, plug and play and off website. I cant even work out if I have most up to date software because the self help tells me it cant determine the device status. Plse can someone put me out of my misery??? Help please.
(running XP service pack 3 and IE7).
Occasional Visitor
Alfred Honsch
Message 2 of 4 (780 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 1600 Toolbox - web page wont display

Hi Deborah,

This might be your answer (from a retired DEC/Compaq/HP employee). I've been searching the same paths as you - very frustrating!!! especially when the automated software detection says my firmware is up to date!. I'm running XP SP3 with IE7.

Please download the following update:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1140729&...

Hope this helps...
Occasional Visitor
Neil Peacock
Message 3 of 4 (780 Views)

Had same problem. Did this - loaded firmare and now Toolbox "talks" to printer and pc !!

Thanks
Occasional Visitor
David M. Holmes
Message 4 of 4 (780 Views)

Just a slight amplification to Alfred Honsch's helpful answer: The link he points to is the one titled "HP Color LaserJet 1600 PrinterFirmware Update Utility".

(I had a little trouble identifying exactly which link on the page he was recommending.)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.