Color Laser Jet 4600 - Blue Streaks Through Page (3141 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 4 (3,141 Views)

Color Laser Jet 4600 - Blue Streaks Through Page

Everytime I print something, I get 4-5 blue streaks on my paper. I have tried pulling the cartidge out and cleaning it but it does not appear to have any extraneous ink on it. The cartridge is almost completely full. Can someone recommend a fix for me?
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 4 (3,129 Views)

Re: Color Laser Jet 4600 - Blue Streaks Through Page

hello,michael

use the function "disable cartride check"for verify that if the cartridge is ok or nok.

Use this diagnostic test to print internal pages or send an external job to the printer when one or more print cartridges are removed or exchanged. Because the cartridges are not keyed, the diagnostic test can be run when one to four cartridges have been removed or moved to another location (exchanged). Consumable supply errors are ignored while the printer is in this mode. When the printer is in this mode, you can navigate the menus and print internal pages or send an external print job to the printer. This diagnostic test can be
used to isolate print-quality problems that are related to individual cartridges and to isolate individual cartridge problems, such as noise.
NOTE:Do not remove or exchange cartridges before you start the disable cartridge check
diagnostic. After starting the test, you can remove or exchange cartridges.
1. Press CHECKMARK(HP Color LaserJet 4600 models) or MENU (HP Color LaserJet 4650 models) to open the MENUS.
2.Press DOWN ARROW to highlight DIAGNOSTICS.
3. Press CHECKMARK to select DIAGNOSTICS.
4.Press DOWN ARROW to highlight DISABLE CARTRIDGE CHECK.
5. Press to CHECKMARK select DISABLE CARTRIDGE CHECK.
To exit this diagnostic test, press the Cancel Job button (HP Color LaserJet 4600 models) or Stop (HP Color LaserJet 4650 models) and then select Exit diagnostics.

HOPE THIS HELPS
Trusted Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (3,128 Views)

Those "streaks" is something very common to HP CLJ 4600!
Replace the cyan toner catridge!
To confirm that, do the "disable catridge check" and switch cyan and other toner cartridge. See what's happend.
Let us know!
Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 4 (3,127 Views)

Thanks for the recommnedation, however, when I go into the Diagnostics and select to Diable Check Print Cartridge, it re-initializes. At that point when I take out the cartridge or swap the cartridges, it tells me that I am missing the Cyan cartridge or that the cartridges are in the incorrect location. Any suggestions?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.