Clearing memory of an HP color Laserjet 5500dn (674 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 2 (674 Views)

Clearing memory of an HP color Laserjet 5500dn

I have the printer above, and can't figure out how to clear the memory. Computer is saying there is not enough left to store anything or even print for that matter. HP is asking for $25 to tell me the order of buttons to press, and I just need to print.
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 2 (674 Views)

Re: Clearing memory of an HP color Laserjet 5500dn

if you have jobs stored on the printer you can hit the menu button to enter the menu's and use the arrows to scroll to the job storage menu and hit select to enter it and delete them.

if you don't have a hard disk in the printer menu's there should be a "ram disk" option where you can allocate more memory for storage,(depending if you have plenty enough on there for what you need).this option would not show up if you have a hard disk.

if you have a hard disk you can enter the menu's and use the arrows to scroll to the information menu and print a file directory list that will show how much space is used and how much is left.you can do a hard disk initialization and it will erase and reformat what is on there,and therefore you will lose what is on there.hard disk init is:power the printer on,when memory count starts press and hold the menu button until all the led's come on and stay on,then release it.then press the back button and "initialze disk" should pop up.press the select(checkmark) button to activate it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.