Re: Cannot find P2015 on my network (342 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ticifd
Message 1 of 3 (366 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cannot find P2015 on my network

I have a Windows XP computer with the P2015 printer installed. With another computer running windows 8, I can't find the printer on the network. How can I solve this problem?

I've already installed the app for the printer on the windows 8 computer, but I can't find the printer of interest on the network.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 3 (354 Views)

Re: Cannot find P2015 on my network

This may or may not work. On the windows 8 computer load the printer like it is attached to that computer. Choose port lpt1 and no auto detect, no test page and finish up. When done go into the printers folder and right click on the 2015 icon and scroll down to the first properties and left click. Now click on ports and choose add port, local port and in the box that comes up put in the computer name and the share name of the printer on the xp computer. Use the syntax \\computername\sharename and save and apply the setting and it should work. You substitute the computer name of the xp computer and the share name you have for the printer.
Occasional Visitor
Ticifd
Message 3 of 3 (342 Views)

Re: Cannot find P2015 on my network

Hi! Thanks a lot for your immediate answer! And thanks for solving mu problem, it works now!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.