Can the LaserJet 1320 print on index cards individually? (1116 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Mary Blohm
Message 1 of 2 (1,116 Views)

Can the LaserJet 1320 print on index cards individually?

I would like to print on individual index cards. Can the LaserJet 1320 do this? The manual printer guides can get small enough to feed a card in, but, so far, I have not been able to get anything to print on them. I am using Word and have selected a 3 x 5 page size.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Pat Flanagan
Message 2 of 2 (1,116 Views)

Re: Can the LaserJet 1320 print on index cards individually?

Mary,

It should. I haven't tried this on ours, but the manual for the printer says the Minimum paper size is 3 by 5 inches.

Are you trying to insert the card in the single sheet paper slot (technically tray 1 even though it's not a tray) or the slide-out tray (tray 2)?

You can get the manual by going here (the main support page for your printer):

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=410622&submit.y=11&submit.x=4〈=en&cc=us

Click the Manuals link.

The one you want is the "HP LaserJet 1160 and 1320 Series - User Guide".

Try this (not sure it will work):

-Open the rear straight through output tray (folds down from the top back of the printer) since card stock may jam if the extra turn to output it to the top output tray is required. The paper path when the rear output tray is used is straight through, no bending of the card.

-Insert the card in tray 1 (the single sheet slot) and adjust the paper guides so that it's held but not too tightly.

-In Word (my version is 2003), do File then Print so that the print dialog box comes up.

-Click the Properties button.

-Go to the Paper/Quality tab.

-Next to Size is dropdown (mine does not show 3 X 5 in the choices), click the Custom button and set up a 3 X 5 size.

-In the Source is dropdown, select Tray 1.

-In the Type is dropdown, select Cardstock.

-Print it - hopefully it will work.

Pat
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation