Re: Can't print in color. Color Laserjet 3700n (479 Views)
Occasional Advisor
kjpayne
Message 1 of 4 (534 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't print in color. Color Laserjet 3700n

Having a hard time printing a Word document in color. It comes out as black and white. I'm positive I have the right driver so that's not the issue. It could be something related to Word because it only happens in Word. PDFs print color fine. However, under Word, when i look in the printer settings, I don't see any options for switching between color and black and white. Anybody know where that would be on this specific printer in Word 2010? Thanks for the help.

Frequent Advisor
PrintTech
Message 2 of 4 (513 Views)

Re: Can't print in color. Color Laserjet 3700n

Hi,

You may try following steps:

1. Try printing from another word document with color images and check if it prints in color
2. Go to start > printer and faxes > right click printer driver > select printing preferences > advanced tab > under printer features check "Print all text in black" option is disabled > click apply > ok

3. Also try to print driver test page under printer properties

Thanks,

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Kudos appreciated :)

Occasional Advisor
kjpayne
Message 3 of 4 (505 Views)

Attached are my printing preferences. They look right to me, but I may be missing something. I tried printing a test page and it came out in black and white. Everything that I print, except for Word documents (I tried more than one) and this particular test page, prints color. I've triple checked the driver and it's the correct one and installed correctly. Even had our tech support people we use take a look and they made sure the driver was ok. 

Frequent Advisor
PrintTech
Message 4 of 4 (479 Views)

Please try to print from a different color word document and check if it prints fine.

Does this issue occurs while printing only from Word application? Please try to print from MS Paint and check if it prints in color?

Please print a demo page from printer and let me know if it prints in color. Perform the following steps:

1. Press MENU to enter the MENUS.
2. Press down arrow button to highlight Information.
3. Press check mark button to select Information.
4. Press down arrow button to highlight PRINT DEMO.
5. Press check mark button to select PRINT demo page.

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.