Re: CP3525n - Images smudged on envelopes -- Cooling Device (151 Views)
Occasional Visitor
azuravian
Message 1 of 2 (156 Views)

CP3525n - Images smudged on envelopes -- Cooling Device

I'm having a problem with my CP3525n when trying to print envelopes from tray 1.  I'm trying to print envelopes with a picture in the top left corner.  If I print more than 1 envelope in a batch, every one after the first has a smudged picture.  Anything else I print from either tray 1 or 2 doesn't have this problem.  After the batch is printed, it says "Cooling Device" on the LCD screen, even if the batch was only 5 envelopes.  It seems like a fuser issue, but I'm wondering why it would only effect envelopes.

Any ideas?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 2 (151 Views)

Re: CP3525n - Images smudged on envelopes -- Cooling Device

Envelopes can be a issue since depending on design, paper used and how much "air" inside when passing thru. One thing you need to check is to make sure you have envelope selected as the paper type which will effect the speed of the envelope feeding thru the printer. Also if I am not mistaken you can go into the configuration menu and then go to fuser modes and choose the temp for each media including envelopes.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.