Re: CP3525dn - duplexing error (397 Views)
Frequent Visitor
AndyW63
Message 1 of 6 (475 Views)

CP3525dn - duplexing error

Hi

We have a CP3525dn which will not duplex correctly.  I've read through various other posts and can't find any answers to my query.  We place headed paper in tray 2 with the heading to the right and face up.  However, when i ask the printer to Print both sides, it prints the headed paper upside down and back to front.

I posted a reply to an older post but have received no reply, hence this new one. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Askme
Message 2 of 6 (449 Views)

Re: CP3525dn - duplexing error

I understand that you wish to print a job having 2 pages on a single sheet of Letterhead media.

As a basic step, please configure the input tray being used (Tray 1 or 2) for correct paper/media type & size being used.  In your case the media type would be "Letterhead" and actual size (assuming that it could be A4 / Letter).

While job is sent to printer, the same paper source (tray), paper size & type should be selected from software application and the printer driver properties.

Change the the orientation of media loaded in the tray (i.e face down and header/logo on the left - for tray 2).

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 3 of 6 (441 Views)

>> ... We place headed paper in tray 2 with the heading to the right and face up ...

According to the Print Task manual for the Colour LaserJet CP3525 series printers (http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01754865/c01754865.pdf ), Preprinted or Letterhead paper (Portrait orientation) should be loaded in tray 2 as follows:

• With Alternative LetterHead Mode = Off (the default): for 1-sided (simplex) printing, load media "Face up; Top edge at the right side of the tray"; for 2-sided (duplex) printing, load media "Face down; Top edge at the right side of the tray".
  • With Alternative LetterHead Mode = On: for 1-sided (simplex) printing, load media "Face down; Top edge at the left side of the tray"; for 2-sided (duplex) printing, load media "Face down; Top edge at the left side of the tray". This mode allows both simplex and duplex print jobs to use the same media without reloading it in a different way.

Similar settings apply if the media is loaded in Landscape orientation, except that the top edge is towards the back of the device.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
AndyW63
Message 4 of 6 (415 Views)

Hi Chris
Thanks for the info. How/where do you change the Alternative Letterhead mode?
Andy
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 5 of 6 (406 Views)

I'd think that the mode would be set via one of the front panel menus (if your printer has such a menu system), or by using the Embedded Web Server or Toolbox utility equivalents.

Having said that, in the document I referred you to in my previous post, the PCL6 driver appears to have a setting (under Printer Features) for Alternative Letterhead Mode.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
AndyW63
Message 6 of 6 (397 Views)

Thanks, found it via the printer menu and is now working as expected.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation