CP2025 printing random lines across document (14517 Views)
Occasional Contributor
doubleg
Message 1 of 15 (14,517 Views)

CP2025 printing random lines across document

Our CP2025 is printing random black, blue, magenta, and yellow lines across our documents for some reason. I have updated the drivers as well as the firmware, and also had a printer tech come out to take a look at it to no avail. He told me that we needed to install the HP software that came with the printer and there was some kind of utility in there for things like this but all of our machines are Windows 7, and the software installation does not recognize that version.  Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do here? I have recalibrated the colors through the printer menu many times and just about everything I had access to do.

I will attach a imagine of what is happening to each document.

Please advise.

Thank you

Frequent Advisor
don lynch
Message 2 of 15 (14,511 Views)

Re: CP2025 printing random lines across document

Are you using genuine HP toners...?
From the printer's Control Panel, Print diagnostic pages e.g. Demo page and Supplies status page etc. to determin if it a printer problem rather than a PC/driver issue...
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 3 of 15 (14,490 Views)

After viewing the image of the corruptions, I think it stretches the bounds of incredulity to think that these are caused by driver faults/corruptions.

As Don Lynch indicates, check your toners (as a first port of call).

As to "... some kind of utility in there for things like this ...", this perhaps is alluding to something which invokes a cleaning cycle on the device?

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 15 (14,487 Views)

Seems to be a common issue on this printer.  If you take off the right side cover there are 2 motors that are the same. One of them is bad. Part number RL1-1800-000cn.  Available from HP or aftermarket.  Just do a google search.

Occasional Visitor
jebann
Message 5 of 15 (13,977 Views)

I have the same problem have changed the motors and still exaxtly the same, updated firmware set printer back to default settings any other sugestions. I have enclose two scans to show problem the lines are very clean and regular the background color is the scanner.

Occasional Advisor
CroMag_7695
Message 6 of 15 (13,950 Views)

I had a customer with an identical issue.  The problem is with the cartridges.  One of them has a faulty electrical contact, and the bad part is that it could be any one of them, though it is most likely the last cartridge you installed.  I spent two hours with my customer's printer swapping out cartridges until I figured out which it was, and he hasn't had an issue since (this was two months ago)

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 7 of 15 (13,941 Views)

Have to agree with previous poster. Your issue is not the same as the other if you look at what the first poster attached. When printing in color the printer will give lines one color after the other in sequence. When printing in black only the lines will be evenly spaced and not 2 together and then another 2, etc. Probably a bad toner cartridge and probably the black.
Occasional Visitor
jebann
Message 8 of 15 (13,925 Views)

Thankyou for your help I'll order new toner I didn't want to get new toner until I thought it would work

Frequent Advisor
Guillaume
Message 9 of 15 (13,841 Views)

It could be any cartridges. I had the same problem with a customer's printer. The printer was having black lines, and I replaced the yellow cartridge, and it corrected the problem....

Frequent Advisor
zbrown
Message 10 of 15 (12,396 Views)

David I see that the Post right under your said that he had replace the Motor but still got the same problem.  So could it be the Cartridges.  But which one.

Zack

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 11 of 15 (12,384 Views)

That is the problem. You never know which toner is causing the issue.
Occasional Visitor
NickNackNock
Message 12 of 15 (8,659 Views)

[ Edited ]

Chaps,

I have done the relevant research and this forum is the only one that seems to give people answers in the most suitable way.  Having read all the posts relating to 'misprints' from a CP2025 printer i'm in two minds.  The attached PDF is in Black and White but the same happens when in colour too.  It also happens on boths sides even when not using the Duplexing Unit.

Can you clarify if it's the motor or the toners please?

Thanks in advance for the pointers...

So attaching the file didn't work for some reason - here's a link to it instead!  https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=78031E48E48C2B35!1884&authkey=!APuEPi70jPd01J0

Cheers,

Nick.

Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 13 of 15 (8,650 Views)

Looks more like a bad toner cartridge. Do you get color lines when doing a print that has color. If not, change the black toner first before anything else. If that does not work, since the motors are the same just swap them to see if the problem changes. If it does, then it is one of the motors. If not then probably one of the other toners is the problem.
Occasional Visitor
NickNackNock
Message 14 of 15 (8,647 Views)

Thanks for your advice.

Yeah, I do get coloured lines aswell.  Cyan is the worst

Cyan when printing cyan circle - https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=78031E48E48C2B35!1886&authkey=!AGeRSD-Q4bfnajo

Its interesting to note (not shown on that page unfortunately) that yellow and magenta lines do appear too.

Page after two cleaning cycles - https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=78031E48E48C2B35!1885&authkey=!AEAzZgzfSmvoA9Y

Thoughts?

Occasional Visitor
huntersssdfasdf
Message 15 of 15 (7,517 Views)

We're seeing this lines think as shown in the prior posters Black jpg.

We have not used the color cartridges for some time. The printer prints packing slips and has been set to no color for a couple of years. The lines just started happening. Changed the black toner cartridge and seemed resolved for about an hour, now they're back. 

Is it confirmed to be the cartridges? If so I'll just get a new printer because at $123 per color for new HP genuine I don't know if I'll have that other problem with the color bleeding vertical lines, which we had before. 

What you think?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.