CP2025 cleaning at every possible moment (27660 Views)
Visitor
Tocagen
Message 1 of 12 (27,660 Views)

CP2025 cleaning at every possible moment

Our business bought a HP LaserJet CP2025 and it cleans in between every page!  All the pages printed are standard letter size and the type of file printed does not seem to matter.  Is this just a defect of the printer or can I solve the issue myself?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
steven burson
Message 2 of 12 (27,620 Views)

Re: CP2025 cleaning at every possible moment

This type of cleaning occurs when the engine thinks it is printing off the page. If you look in the error log you may also see some type of size error or misprint.

The document size that the printer is expecting can come from the application (as a part of page setup), from the driver (where you set paper size and paper type before you print), or you can set it on the printer in the control panel.

If you check all of these, and they all say you have letter size paper, and plain type, try printing a test page from the control panel. If that does not clean, then there is still something wrong with the printer drivers. If it does clean, then there is something wrong with the printer.

If this does not fix the problem, let me know what OS and driver you have.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jpass022
Message 3 of 12 (26,697 Views)

I have the same problem. Only happens when printing multiple pages. Printing a test page is not a valid test for this problem. I am using windows 7 x64 OS. I also have a MAC computer on my network and the printer has the same cleaning/print error as the windows pc. So I would think the printer is the guilty party for this problem. I downloaded and installed the PCL5 and firmware updates from HP website. I am using up a lot of paper and toner because of this problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
jpass022
Message 4 of 12 (26,659 Views)

Update - Talked to HP support and fixed mine by changing Settings/Paper Handling/Tray 2 Type to "Heavy 111-130g"

All paper handling settings as follows:

Default Paper Size:Letter
Default Paper Type:Plain
Manual Feed:Off
Duplex:Off
        Bind:Long Edge
Tray 1 Size:Any size
Tray 1 Type:Any Type
Tray 2 Size: Letter
Tray 2 Type:Heavy 111-130g

Paper Out Handling

Specify Time and Action
        Paper Out Time:0 Seconds
        Paper Out Action:

Override

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Carlos Druez
Message 5 of 12 (26,447 Views)

I think that this is not a good answer for HP I got 400 Printers like this and I desplegated for 14 clients... I cann't lost my time changing this settings, HP must make a firmware to correct this issue.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
325chestnut
Message 6 of 12 (26,120 Views)

My printer's been driving me nuts cleaning after every page.  I tried your fix and it worked!!!!  Thank you so much - you saved the day!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
bevie01
Message 7 of 12 (25,419 Views)

I have the same problem with CP2025.  When I go into preferences under printers I do not have the same options you outlined. Where specifically did you do these changes?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ArizonaMC
Message 8 of 12 (24,383 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is just unacceptable.  I can print no more than 3 or 4 copies of a document without cleaning and a mispprint.  Had many HP printers before, and this problem is absurd.  FIX THIS! ...please!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
stormforgetech
Message 9 of 12 (22,893 Views)

After setting this as suggested, it forces you to use Tray 1, the manual feed tray.

This is a fix how? Sure, it does correct the issue from the manual feed tray. This is a workaround at best. The printer didn't do this when new. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
SCSHadmin
Message 10 of 12 (16,001 Views)

Well - jpass022's solution did it for us...

Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 11 of 12 (15,992 Views)

Surprised you have not found the solution in other posts, the issue is pretty well known, normally you only need to do this .

NOTE: These settings need to be changed only in printer using ToolboxFX or EWS.

Do not change/modify any settings in printer drivers. Leave the printer drivers with default settings.

On the "Printer Settings" tab (networked version) in the option group,

Print Quality group:

Power-On Calibration: On

Calibration Timing: 168 Hours

click Apply button

Extended Print Modes change options in Optimize group:

Resistration: On

Jam Reduction: On

click Apply button

System Setup group:

Auto continue: On

click Apply button

If you still get problems then try these as well.

In System Tab and Paper Handling:

Default Paper Size: A4 or Letter

Default Paper Type: Plain

Manual Feed: Off

Tray 1 Size: Any Size

Tray 1 Type: Any Type

Tray 2 Size: A4 or Letter

Tray 2 Type: Heavy 111-130g

Tray 3 Size: A4 or Letter

Tray 3 Type: Heavy 111-130g

In Paper Out Handling:

Select Specify Time and Action.

Paper Out Time: 0 Seconds

Paper Out Action: Override

In System Tab and Print Quality:

Power-On Calibration: 60 Minutes

Calibration Timing: 168 hours

As for multiple printers, 1 or 100 you can just use WebJetAdmin, its easy enough to create a configuration which can be sent to every printer of that type which could help until we saw a firmware use these as default.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Wave Slave
Message 12 of 12 (8,342 Views)

I have just had a customer machine with this fault, and after looking at the thread tried all setting changes but to no avail.

Eventually I checked the feed tyre in tray 2 and found it was worn, I rotated the tread on the tyre (you don’t need to buy a new one) as half the tyre is unused in the retaining half of the roller (remove the roller and remove the clip that holds the tyre on to the roller). Once the feed roller had fresh tread the miss feeds and cleaning cycles stopped. I guess the paper miss-feed was causing a paper size / print over run issue, rather than the paper jam one usually associated with worn feed tyres, probably due to a timing issue for gauging the paper length. Maybe the heavy paper settings are slowing the feed speed enough to compensate for any timing / pick up faults.

Anyhow I not saying it is the definitive answer for this problem, but it worked for me in this instance and sorted the problem completely.

If you need to know how to replace the tray 2 feed roller then the instructions are here:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=0&spf_p.tps...

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation