CP2025 Error "Remove shipping lock" (33696 Views)
Occasional Visitor
pdioxin
Message 1 of 42 (33,696 Views)
Accepted Solution

CP2025 Error "Remove shipping lock"

I just received a new CP2025DN printer and followed the instalation instructions.
The printer will not print but dispays the error "Remove shipping lock from yellow cartridge".
There is no shipping lock, the orange tags were all removed (I assume that's the shipping lock) and regardles of which cartridge I put where the same error appears.

How do I fix this error?

Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
pdioxin
Message 2 of 42 (33,696 Views)

Re: CP2025 Error "Remove shipping lock"

For anyone else coming across the same problem.
I e-mailed HP support and they replied in a few hours with a method for fixing this.
A spring was identified in photographs and the solution was to push the spring back into position as they thought it may have somehow become dislodged.
On my printer the spring identified was already in the correct position and was moving freely when pushed with a finger.
I told this to HP and they replied that I should return the printer to the seller as it must have a faulty sensor.

I suspect HP have identified the wrong spring as the one identified by them in the photographs they sent appears to me to be for the rear door open sensor and not for the yellow toner which comes nowhere near this spring.

I have returned the printer to the seller and I'm awaiting a replacement.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Shuqi Yao
Message 3 of 42 (33,696 Views)

I bought a Color Laserjet 1515n in Beijing, and I encountered the same problem. I called the retailer, who is very rude to me. This is the first time HP made me disappointed!
I swear that I have removed all the so-called "shipping lock", but it appear again and again and again - remove shipping lock from yellow cartridge!
The retailer told me it's my fault even if I followed the manual strictly!
I leave message here, I wish HP - personnel from the original corporation can help me.
Thank you again and again and again.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
HPScott
Message 4 of 42 (33,696 Views)

The CP2025 and 1215/1515 both can have this issue. Try putting the cartridge in question into a different spot in the tray and initialize the printer. You will get an error saying the cartridge is in the wrong position. If so, you can then put the cartridge back into the original slot. If it will not clear, you will need the cartridge and/or the printer replaced.

- An HP employee
Please use plain text.
E X
Occasional Visitor
E X
Message 5 of 42 (33,696 Views)

I bought the HP Color LaserJet CP1215 printer off of Amazon.com. I just received it today and installed it. I pulled the shipping locks from each cartridge carefully and each one came out completely. However, I am getting an error saying that the "Yellow Cartridge Shipping Locks Not Removed". The triangle light with exclamation point inside is flashing. I tried to switch the yellow and magenta cartridges, but I still get the same error that the yellow shipping lock is not removed. They are all removed and in my trash can. How can I solve this error?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jonathan Wee Lee
Message 6 of 42 (33,696 Views)

I bought a CP1515 printer last few days and tried setting up the printer. The same error "Remove shipping lock from yellow catridge" appeared the same like you guys.

I called the HP Service Center in my country, Malaysia which they manage to send a new replacement for the printer the next day. Set up and on... Still having the same "Remove shipping lock problem" from a new delivered printer!

Sigh... My confidence in HP isn't here anymore.

I called in again and they said they will replace another new one from another batch. Not sure how long it takes though.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Maligzar
Message 7 of 42 (33,696 Views)

I have this exact same problem on a brand new CP2025, nice job HP! Guess I'll spend a couple hours on the phone tomorrow fixing your problem since you have failed to address a defect identified several months back. Or have just continued to let the garbarge get past your QA in order to save yourselves a buck.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jonathan Wee Lee
Message 8 of 42 (33,696 Views)

After weeks of waiting, HP manage to send a new printer to me from a different batch and it worked fine now.

They eventually tested the printer out before sending a new one over to me.

So yeah, I guess it is the manufacturing problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Maligzar
Message 9 of 42 (33,696 Views)

Question for you Jon, was your replacement printer made in China also? I'm curious is all.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jonathan Wee Lee
Message 10 of 42 (33,891 Views)

Erm, sorry I cannot check where is it made from now, as this printer is at my client's office which I don't go often.

But I believe it is made in China. lol

I will reply here if I ever go back to the client for a meeting or something, and check where the printer is made from.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
afumado us
Message 11 of 42 (31,895 Views)

i got same problem. just got the printer this evening, and checked it just now.

please help how to fix it.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jonathan Wee Lee
Message 12 of 42 (31,895 Views)

You cannot fix it by yourself no matter what you do. You have no choice but to call HP centre in your country and explain to them about this situation.

By right, they will be sending you a new printer to be replaced.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
afumado us
Message 13 of 42 (31,895 Views)

last nite i chat with hp customer care online, he said that the catridge has been damage by me when i removed the seal.

Yugesh : Afurmado it seems that by removing the shipping lock it has damage the yellow cartridges as it cannot get detected bythe printer.
afumado us : why only the yellow catridge ?
Yugesh : Afumado, i
Yugesh : Sorry
afumado us : i saw in your forum, thers many people got same problem like me.
afumado us : why onlly yellow catridge ?
Yugesh : Alfurmado, as you have removed the shipping locks from the yellow cartridges it leads to damage the yellow cartridges.
afumado us : and the solution ?

any idea ?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Marc Bourgeois
Message 14 of 42 (31,895 Views)

Same problem with many CM1312. Must be EXTREMELY difficult to solve a known problem...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
HPScott
Message 15 of 42 (31,895 Views)

Another thing to try: remove the cartridge from the printer that is indicated as having the error. Holding one end of the cartridge in one hand and the other end of the cartridge in the other hand. Roll the cartridge forward/back 5-6 times. This will help distribute the toner evenly in the cartridge and may help solve the issue. Please post if the does or does not help.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mans Angantyr
Message 16 of 42 (31,895 Views)

I have the same error on a brand new CP2020, but this one complains about the magenta cartridge. Have tried all the tips in this thread so far to no avail.

This is extremely frustrating.

Any resolution to this issue?

Mans
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
HPScott
Message 17 of 42 (31,895 Views)

Just to check - try shaking the cartridge HARD - maybe the toner is packed and is not flowing to where it should be. Also, check to make sure the white lever on the top of the cartridge operates smoothly - a black flag should pivot up freely and when you release the white lever it should tuck itself into the CTG. If these do not work call HP support and request a replacement cartridge.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Mans Angantyr
Message 18 of 42 (31,895 Views)

Ok. Shaking the cartridge HARD worked for me.
(Or maybe fiddling with the white lever, but I did that before without luck.)
Thanks, Scott.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Carrie Gilson
Message 19 of 42 (31,895 Views)

I do not have a new printer, but one w/ approximately 67K prints on it. It did the same thing w/ the black cartridge. I followed advice from other threads - did not work. I powered the printer off/on. It worked. Hope one of these posts help.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jason Eckelbarger
Message 20 of 42 (31,895 Views)

I was having the exact same issue. I tried shaking the cartridge (even banging it against the desk a couple of times). I also tried pressing the white plastic piece up and down over and over again. After doing all of these with no luck, I tried the already posted idea of switching the cartridges into incorrect positions. When I did this, the error message obviously changed (to reflect the cartridges being in the wrong slots) and when I switched them back, the printer worked correctly. So it would appear that this error is indeed fixed by first inserting the cartridges into the wrong slots and then putting them back into their correct slots.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
HP Sends Spam
Message 21 of 42 (33,450 Views)

I got the error on the black cartridge. My co-worker installed the cartridge the first time but did not shake it before inserting it.

The white lever on the right which looks like an inverted trigger on a rail, is the culprit or a contributing factor. On this cartridge this lever is clearly uninstalled on the cartridge correctly - it has a lot of play and corresponds to a black lever "finger mechanism" that rises as the trigger is pushed forward.

On all my other cartridges, none are as loose and out of alignment. After vigorous shaking and fiddling with this I was able to get the error to go away but it is not printing black, yet...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
DARRELL CRAWFORD
Message 22 of 42 (33,450 Views)

We have come across a couple of Color LaserJets (CP2025dn) that come up with an error message right out of the box. The error message is something along the lines of â Remove Shipping Lock on Yellow Cartridge.â There is apparently nothing wrong with the yellow toner cartridge. After troubleshooting this from a few different angles (switching toners, cleaning toner contacts/terminals, even looking for information online), we werenâ t coming up with a valid solution. One of our techs suggested "Restoring the Defaults" on the printer, and this seems to do the trick to get the printer up and running.

The Restore Defaults has worked for us a couple times now. To perform this function, use the controls on the top of the printer:
â ¢ Click OK
â ¢ Arrow over to the Service menu
â ¢ Arrow over to Restore Defaults
â ¢ Click OK
â ¢ The printer will reboot itself and go through a few minutes of initializing/calibrating, and the error will no longer come up.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Philip Dommer
Message 23 of 42 (33,450 Views)

I just received the CM2320 printer and I was getting the error, "Remove shipping lock from magenta cartridge". But all the locks were removed. I read in an earlier message to swap the cartridge with another one to get it to initialize. This worked, it eventually complained that it had wrong product installed so I swapped the cartridges back and it appears to be working.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dave wasser
Message 24 of 42 (33,451 Views)

Just installed a new CP2025 at work and got the same error. None of the suggestions offered worked for us.
We found a fix, however! What worked was cleaning the springs on the left side of the cartridge bay with alcohol. These springs are the contacts to the copper colored contacts on the cartridge itself. Since the shipping lock strips are on that side, too, we wondered if what's happening is that toner is getting on the contacts when the shipping lock is pulled out, thereby interfering with the contacts and causing a faulty reading?
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Brett Kallin
Message 25 of 42 (33,315 Views)

Not a lot of help, but perhaps a useful reference...
HP Support document c01677135

If you cannot succeed with skill , triumph with effort.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation