CP1518ni Printer Probs (346 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jennifer Keim
Message 1 of 5 (346 Views)

CP1518ni Printer Probs

I just purchased and installed my printer today. The first page it printed was entirely blue. After turning the printer off/on I corrected that problem. Now it is printing blurry and there's a streak that runs on the left side of the page. Anyone know what the problem is? Should a new printer have this many problems after installing?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

Re: CP1518ni Printer Probs

Did you remove all the packing material to include the piece at the back of the printer. If you did the only thing I would try is go to the system setup menu and then go to print quality and then go to calibrate color and choose calibrate now and see if that helps. If that fails I would bring the printer back to where I purchased for exchange.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jennifer Keim
Message 3 of 5 (346 Views)

Thanks, David. I did remove all the materials. During the initial install it made a lot of whining noise, which I thought very strange. I never received any error messages and it eventually stopped. I have also recalibrated and am still experiencing very blurry and smeared printing. I agree -- after spending over 2 hours on this I think I need to return. Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jeff Patton
Message 4 of 5 (346 Views)

Jennifer, I had the same color blurry problem with my CP1518ni at initial start up. HP Phone Support lead me through 3 color calibration cycles which cleared up the issue. They also had me install the latest firmware from their website which didn't seem to make a difference. Hopefully this solves the issue for you. Jeff
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
brucerocala
Message 5 of 5 (346 Views)

I also had a problem with the color streaking and blurring, especially at with the left roller, when printing on the Hp Photo Paper. A call to customer support had me change to the postscript driver and update the printer firmware(found on HP Website). I found that it also very important to select the proper paper when printing on the photo paper. It is working well now. It did work pretty well out of the box with 24 pound laser paper. I am printing mostly photos. Customer service at HP was very good.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation