CLJ5500hdn "Install an EIO hard disk" error (2732 Views)
Advisor
Barry Ratcliffe
Message 1 of 4 (2,732 Views)

CLJ5500hdn "Install an EIO hard disk" error

When we try to print more than 2 pages, collated, the printer prints an error sheet (Job Storage Status Page) that simply says: "Error: Unable to store job at printer. Reason: Printer not configured to collate. Solution: Intsall an EIO hard disk.

The printer has a HDD in it, slot 1 which is confirmed by the config print. Has been tested and initialised all ok.

The error log has been cleared (becuase there are no date/times in the log it's impossible to tell what happened when) so I will monitor that.

Any help appreciated.

Any ideas how to resolve?
Advisor
Barry Ratcliffe
Message 2 of 4 (2,732 Views)

Re: CLJ5500hdn "Install an EIO hard disk" error

Just spotted something curious: On the configuration print out DISK Storage is at 28615 MB capacity. If I view printers settings via IP address in MSIE and go to information - configuration page it says DISK Storage: 0 MB Capacity
Honored Contributor
Paul Canuck
Message 3 of 4 (2,732 Views)

Advisor
Barry Ratcliffe
Message 4 of 4 (2,732 Views)

I've fixed it!! Sorry, forgot to mention I did try re-initialising it. In the end the HDD turned out to be faulty. I stripped it out of the card and tested it in a HP bios test, it failed on code 7. I replaced the HDD and all is funky.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.