CLJ 3600dn Won't duplex (940 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Gregory Burks
Message 1 of 5 (940 Views)

CLJ 3600dn Won't duplex

I've got a CLJ 3600dn that will not duplex. I tried to do it manually from the control panel on the printer doing the self test it won't do it and from the computer software. I called Parts Now and they told me to update the frimware (32.7A), but I can't find it on HPs web site. Can someone help me with this problem. The frimware datecode that is in it now is (20060828 3. 003. 1).
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (940 Views)

Re: CLJ 3600dn Won't duplex

What happens if you go to the diagnostics menu on the printer and then do a paper path test and under duplex change to on or yes and do a 10 page test from tray 2. Does it duplex. If it does then your issue is driver related and not computer software. You need to tell the driver that the duplex option is installed. To do this you go to printers and faxes and right click on the printer icon and then left click on the properties link at the bottom. Now click on device settings and go to installable options and change duplex from not installed to installed. The same driver is used for all models so the default is duplex not installed.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
tshine_67
Message 3 of 5 (940 Views)

Also check the device web page. Under the heading of installed options does the hardware list show Duplex unit? If no then check there is no debris within the duplex data connector, reseat and if still not displayed then consider replacing duplex unit.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jax Ware
Message 4 of 5 (940 Views)

I've got a CLJ 3600dn that used to duplex perfectly well, then the driver was updated automatically by Vista updates and it stopped functioning altogether, just giving an error message printed on a page.
Then to get it working I updated the driver to the 'latest' for the 3600 family and Vista now does not recognise it is duplex any more.
This driver is 61.63.461.41 - is this the same driver you are having problems with?
Is there a known better driver or particular way to install for the dn?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Radoslaw Pieczonka
Message 5 of 5 (940 Views)

Had similar problem with M2727nf, it turns out that updated drivers from HP download have duplex support disabled by default. What you may need to do is to go to advanced driver settings and switch duplex module support on.
Worked like charm for me.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation