Big blue streaks down right side of pages HP 2605dn (1079 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Adam Bradford
Message 1 of 6 (1,079 Views)
Accepted Solution

Big blue streaks down right side of pages HP 2605dn

If I print a single page everything is fine.

However, on a run of any more than 2 or 3 pages I get streaks of Cyan ink down the right hand side of all the subsequent pages.

When I open the door I can see the streak of Cyan ink on the black plastic/polythene roller which sits in the inside of the door. I can clean it, but it comes back as soon as I attempt a print run.

Any ideas? Faulty Cyan cartridge perhaps?
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 6 (1,079 Views)

Re: Big blue streaks down right side of pages HP 2605dn

Change the cyan toner. It is not removing all the toner as the drum turns and when the paper passes it puts the toner on the transfer belt.
Occasional Visitor
Adam Bradford
Message 3 of 6 (1,079 Views)

Many thanks for your answer.

Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 4 of 6 (1,079 Views)

if it's an hp cartridge and still half full,you may be able to get it replaced free yet.
Occasional Visitor
Adam Bradford
Message 5 of 6 (1,079 Views)

Unfortunately it's a 'remanufactured' one.
Advisor
JeffOYB2
Message 6 of 6 (1,079 Views)

"Replace toner" isn't quite enough of an answer, in my view. It seems like you probably mean get a new cart. However they are very expensive, even as remans, so that seems like unrealistic advice. (I don't mean to have "attitude"---this is just a very frustrating printer---especially since it seems like it COULD be so good!)

To get more specific, does anyone know what commonly causes the cyan streaking on the side (is it common with every color?).

Like a lot of folks who've tried to use this printer for a little while I've studied up on its many unsolved problems. So to try to get specific again: Does the streaking by any chance come from excess toner in the waste bin?

I also have wretched cyan streaking on one side. Should I try to empty the waste bin? to do this, according to common and reasonable-seeming Net info, one uses a heat-tool to melt a hole in a certain location on the cart (google to find a pic showing this location---it's on the topside in the center but you need to see a pic to really know). Then you shake out the waste (darkened) toner til no more comes out. Then you put good tape over the hole. Is this a possible cure? If I'm missing steps, please fill me in!

Due to cost my hunch is that MOST users refill toner (or attempt to) for this printer. I know that refilling is "unsupported" activity, but it's very common and effective for many printers. Sadly, for this printer it is apparently very risky. I've had mixed results. I'd like to learn more so I can get better results. Are there toner brands that people suggest/prefer? (Given by those without a $-interest in the product.)

My suggestion is that we try to develop a realistic maintenance culture around this otherwise good printer. I appreciate all info to that end! : )

My sense is that at this point the general educated public's opinion of this printer would be that it's dreadful. So we have a ways to go! Refilling, at this point, using common approaches, seems bad, yet no other option is reasonable. So I suggest that we persist in trying to figure out a decent way to refill and otherwise maintain this printer.

THANKS, EVERYONE!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.