Authorized Service Provider Locator (2218 Views)
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 1 of 23 (2,218 Views)

Authorized Service Provider Locator

Anyone out there have an in with the folks at HP. The service locator for the US at the link below has not worked for almost 3 months. I have contacted partner.hp.com and called BCO operations and nobody seems to want to take responsibility for getting the site back on line. Someone promised us 3 weeks ago that it would be back on that Friday but as usual it was not. How can they run a company this way where customers can not find service for their printers. If you call the hp toll free number and choose Service Provider it tells you it is not working and to go to hp.com which of course it also not working. Someone at hp needs to lose their job over this one as I am sure many customers with hp printers needing repair are just buying from other companies that provide service. I know at my company we have received only 2 new calls over the last 3 months. One from someone who posted here looking for service for whom I provided my company telephone and from another customer who spent over 1 hour on the phone with hp tech support and finally found someone in India who provided a list of 5 support providers. The first 3 he called said they did not service hp products anymore and we were the 4 one he called.

http://h20465.www2.hp.com/GPL/search.aspx?language_code=en&country_code=us&SearchType=SSP
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 2 of 23 (2,218 Views)

Re: Authorized Service Provider Locator

David,

I've emailed a contact at HP (Ireland) who has moderated this forum before and has helped me resolve techie issues in the past with the HP web sites such as driver downloads that are zero byte length etc.

Hopefully he is still at HP and will respond.

regards

Ken
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kenneth Chan_2
Message 3 of 23 (2,218 Views)

David,

Update. My mail bounced - I guess he's not there any more.

How I initially got in contact with him was I posted a message to this forum "Query for HP moderator" and he got in contact.

regards

Ken
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 4 of 23 (2,218 Views)

Hi David and Kenneth...

I do agree with you guys.. The asp site is not wrking frm past few months... We have raised a request and they are in the process of rebuilding the database of the ASP's as few of them are not servicing the prdts.. Hence they would remove those and rebuild a new database for the customers...

In the mean time, I would suggest you to select the Find a Partner for option as small and medium business instead of service and support provider and check for the list...

Let me knw if you have any queries..
Regards,
Raghu K

I am an HP Employee and I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 5 of 23 (2,218 Views)

The problem with that is we do not show up when our zip code is put in plus the user does not know to change it from service and support to partner since the first is the default. HP is trying to give the image of being such a great company similar to IBM but can not fix a simple database in over 2 months. Who are we kidding here. Either they have made a stupid decision to rid itself of support providers thinking it will save them money or the people running the computer operations for them are really stupid and do not know what they are doing. In either case they will be hurt in the years to come as many of their previous customers have already switched to other makers of printers who are providing easy access to service.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Fescue
Message 6 of 23 (2,218 Views)

David,

Here is all I could find on HP.com.

Herb

Jump to content United States-EnglishHP.com homeBuy online or Call 800-BUY-MYHP(800-289-6947) »Other ways to buy
»Customer Service
Products & ServicesSupport & Drivers
Enter search criteria here Contact HP
United States»Contact HP
»Contact HP worldwide (in English)
Support for HP products (United States only)

Be prepared to provide the following information: Serial Number (S/N), product name, model number, and a brief description of the issue.
Support for:
Phone
Hours of operation
Additional information

HP and Compaq products for Home & Home Office use 800-HP invent
or
800-474-6836 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most products U.S.: English and Spanish for most products.
HP and Compaq products for business use 800-334-5144 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most products U.S.: English
HP TouchSmart PC products
HP HDX Notebook PC products 866-408-5408 24 hours a day, 7 days a week U.S.: English and Spanish
Customers using TTY 877-656-7058 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT
Mon. â Fri.
excluding holidays

Sales consultation (United States only)
Consultation for:
Phone
Hours of operation
Additional information

General sales inquiries: Ask about any HP product, service or solution. *800-752-0900 Hours vary by menu selection.
Please direct all support inquiries to HP's product support phone numbers listed above U.S. only, English only For some inquiries, you may be directed to a toll number.
Buy for home and home office:
Buy HP and Compaq products direct from the HP Home & Home Office Store. 888-999-4747 7 days a week. Open hours may vary seasonally.

Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
U.S. only, English only.
Buy for business: Buy HP and Compaq products direct from the HP Small & Medium Business Store. 800-888-9909 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET Mon. - Fri.

Closed weekends and holidays U.S. only, English only.

All other inquiries (non-sales related)
In English only
Phone
Hours of operation
Additional information

General inquiries *800-752-0900 Hours vary by menu selection.
Please direct all support inquiries to hp's product support phone numbers listed above U.S. only, English only.

Patent Notice
Hewlett-Packard Company is licensed under the following, and related Ronald A. Katz Technology Licensing, L.P. United States Patents: 5,561,707; 5,828,734; 5,684,863; 5,815,551; 5,974,120; 5,917,893; 5,898,762; and others.*
*Notices on this page regarding third party intellectual property rights appear pursuant to contractual obligations and do not specifically relate to HP customer products. Privacy statementUsing this site means you accept its termsFeedback to Webmaster© 2009 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 7 of 23 (2,218 Views)

Fescue,

You are missing my original post question. Looking for someone with a in a HP to try to get to the right people to get the locator fixed. All other information means nothing. If a customer who already owns an hp printer can not find an authorized service provider to fix their equipment they will turn to another company when they replace or buy new products. Someone needs to get to upper management of HP to look at the problem and get the people to fix it immediately. Also keep in mind for a vendor to be an authorized service provider they have to sell a minimum amount of hp products and care packs. If these vendors do not get any business from being an authorized support provider they will drop hp and turn to other vendors who give them customers via the service side of the business. Why should a vendor sell HP products when they are not able to service them because hp does not allow consumers to find them. Yes they can provide service to the people they sell the products to, but they also want new customers and the only way to get them is thru the locator.
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 8 of 23 (2,218 Views)

Hi David,

I will log a support ticket with the database team by tomoro and see what can be done at the earliest... I will keep you posted about the case asap...

Regards,
Raghu K

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Pat Flanagan
Message 9 of 23 (2,218 Views)

David,

Agree - I've been referring posters to your link assuming it would be fixed within a couple of days, but like you I see that it still isn't.

My suggestion is go over everyone's heads. Without going in to all the details, I found an obvious error in an HP support document last year, which persisted for months despite trying every way I could think of to let HP know about it. Concluded among other things that Feedback to webmaster was useless.

Then I found this:

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/hurd/index.html

I emailed and got a phone call within a few days from someone at senior level, not Hurd himself of course. They were very concerned, and the problem was fixed within a few days.

Pat
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 10 of 23 (2,218 Views)

Pat I used that link almost 1 month ago and got a automated response and after that nothing. I can not waste the time trying to get hp to correct something which they are aware of and just have a I could careless attitude. I have to work to get new customers rather than wasting valuable time over this.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Pat Flanagan
Message 11 of 23 (2,320 Views)

Wow, David. I guess I just got lucky the one time I've used it.

Pat
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 12 of 23 (2,320 Views)

Bump.

Just moving to the top of the list hoping to get more help.

Thanx
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 13 of 23 (2,320 Views)

Bump one more time. Looking for someone with in at hp to address this problem.

David
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
VickyS
Message 14 of 23 (2,320 Views)

I am an HP employee looking at the forum today and see this long string. Could you please summarize the issue and I will check on it for you?
Thanks - Vicky
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 15 of 23 (2,320 Views)

Hi All...

I am an HP Employee and have escalated this case(issue) to the concerned department with high priority.. Will keep updated if I receive any info from them.

Thanks.
Raghu/Rags

Regards,
Raghu K

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
DR-Designjet Repair
Message 16 of 23 (2,320 Views)

Recently I see lots of companies change their printers from HP to Xerox because they are not able to locator any local service support providers.
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 17 of 23 (2,320 Views)

Hi David..

Yes, you are correct.. the ASP link would be up and working fine by 16th June... However, a good news is that there is a new database been built for the asp information and all is that it needs to be placed in place of the eexisting one... Hence, there would be a delay till next month and will be working fine....
Regards,
Raghu K

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 18 of 23 (2,320 Views)

Did it ever occur to the powers to be to keep the existing database no matter how bad in place until the new one was ready. At least customers would get some listing as to where to take or have someone come in and repair their equipment. Having no asp's show up is a disservice to both your asps and the customers. You guys are not thinking like a Fortune 500 company. Common sense folks.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 19 of 23 (2,320 Views)

Raghu,

Well the system appears to be starting to come back on-line. Some of the results are not there, laserjet 4000/4050/4100 and color laserjet 8500 still show no results. Also it appears only ASP's main location is being shown and other locations are not. Example we have a locations in NYC but only our Edison, NJ location appears. The other issue which will help if you have any say would be to increase the default mileage to 25 miles from the current 10. Most users do not know to change the default and increasing the default will show more providers since it appears from my observation that you only have about 20% of the providers that you used to have.
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 20 of 23 (2,320 Views)

Hi David..

I believe that the asp server has been started updating frm yesterday and we are also able to find new addresses in the searches... However, I will also try to contact the concerned ppl and ask thm to update the default mileage as you referred...
Regards,
Raghu K

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 21 of 23 (2,076 Views)

Hi All...

The ASP link is wrking fine as expected frm 15th June...

Thanks.
Regards,
Raghu K

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 22 of 23 (2,076 Views)

Yes it is working, however, really need to get the default distance changed to 25 miles from 10. A lookup of a designjet 1000 series for zip code 07960 gets no results. 07960 is Morristown, NJ located maybe 20 miles from NYC and is a county seat. There is almost 500,000 people living within a 10 mile radius of Morristown.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Sam George
Message 23 of 23 (2,076 Views)

As you could tell, HP used an old database, here in new york city, if you let say input a laserjet 4200 model, you will then see many service providers listed in the area, but almost half of them no longer doing warranty repairs and some of them are out of business or not picking up phones. Luckly we don't use hp's service referral that much, we got clients from Xerox and other vendor.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation