Re: Are there any windows 2008 drivers for Laserjet 4000?. (175 Views)
Occasional Visitor
holiday4js
Message 1 of 2 (177 Views)

Are there any windows 2008 drivers for Laserjet 4000?.

We are moving our print queues from a Windows 2000 server to Windows 2008 64-bit R2.  We have a number of Laserjet 4000 printers but I noticed there are no 2008 drivers on HP's website.  I tried a 4100 64-bit driver that seemed to print a simple text document well but the real test is printing from our tracking system.  Since I am still in the process of setting up the tracking system on the 2008 server I had hoped to test printing by creating a network printer on the old 2000 server pointing to the 2008 print queue but I'm getting "The server on which the 'printer driver name' printer resides does not have the correct printer driver installed.  If you want to install the driver on your local computer, click OK".  I click OK then I'm prompted for a location of the driver with the text: "The file '*.INF' on (Unknown) is needed.  If I try the 32-bit version of the driver I get "The printer driver you selected is either not compatible with your current version of Windows, or it may not be available.  Select a compatible driver from the list, or contact your administrator for help."  I can't use a 32-bit driver on the 2008 server.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor
Paul Canuck
Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)

Re: Are there any windows 2008 drivers for Laserjet 4000?.

Not sure, probably not. I would think the 4100 driver should work fine. HP stops producing print drivers for older printers for newer operating systems assuming you will use universal or built in drivers.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.