59.1 error in Laserjet 9000n (1474 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Fernando Roca
Message 1 of 3 (1,474 Views)

59.1 error in Laserjet 9000n

When the printer is initializing appears on the display "59.1 printer error".
This printer has 2.000.000 pages printed.
I call 1800 phone number, the printer has more than 2 years so warranty is expired, but they told me that must be the main motor.
I read this in http://www.mm.helsinki.fi/laitekeskus/huolto/HP/59-ERRORS.htm
HP 9000 ERROR 59.0, 59.1, 59.2
• Temporary motor error has occurred
• Replace toner cartridge
• Replace main motor
• Replace DC controller

I will like to know what to do, to star check what?
I have 20 laserjet 9000n an 20 laserjet 9050n, so I can try put some parts of another printer in the damage printer.
Sorry for my bad english, I am from Argentina
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 3 (1,474 Views)

Re: 59.1 error in Laserjet 9000n

generally it is a main motor startup error.it could be a connection to the dc controller worked loose or the main gear train locked up amongst other things like just a bad motor.

can you hear any motor noise at power up or after opening/closing the cartridge cover?could be the cartridge jamming things up.have you tried another?or take it out and see if motors turn after?

what happens if you try an engine test like is shown on this attachment?
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 3 of 3 (1,474 Views)

Re: 59.1 error in Laserjet 9000n

Most 59.1 errors are not the motor or dc controller, but a stuck fuser or bad toner cartridge. First thing would be to remove the toner cartridge and turn on the printer and see if you still get the error. Next remove the fuser and if you have another one which you appear to have, swap it out and see if it now works. If you still have an issue then it is the motor, motor connection, dc controller or something which is preventing the main gear train from moving and causes the motor to stall and give the error.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.