5500 color laser jet paper jams - error 13.01.00 (3145 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Maureen Winowiecki
Message 1 of 3 (3,145 Views)

5500 color laser jet paper jams - error 13.01.00

I have a 5500 that keeps getting a 13.01.00 error - paper jam in tray 2. We don't see any paper jammed anywhere. I read in an earlier thread that it could be a problem with the tray and paper pickup assembly. We have replaced tray 2 and are still having problems. An earlier post stated that her problem was a setup error in the menu for paper handling. Does anyone know what I should check/change in that area. Or are there any other suggestions?
Thanks - Maureen
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
CA1089885
Message 2 of 3 (3,145 Views)

Re: 5500 color laser jet paper jams - error 13.01.00

70% chance that it is the PIU, which is an exchange part that is pretty easy to change out, just a couple of screws if I remember right.
49% chance that you need to clean your fuser with the little blue tool that is inside the door. You clean right above the black toner cartridge, the "silver ledge". It is best to take out the black toner and clean the ledge, then if you have a can of air, spritts, and if it's not silver, a toner cloth can get some of the residue.

It would be best if you gave more stats on your printers, do you have #3 drawer? Page count? Any new consumables installed?

I had a HP 5550 that had a fantum page jam and it was a 13.0A.00 error that ended up being a bad fuser.
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Pawel
Message 3 of 3 (3,145 Views)

Re: 5500 color laser jet paper jams - error 13.01.00

When this error apears ? Does the printer tries to pickup paper ? If she does but not print anything just display this error there is a problem with paper pickup. Check paper sensors near paper trays and rubber rollers that picks paper - they may need replacement or at least cleaning.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation