4650: Loud clicking noise (315 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kevin Bonham
Message 1 of 2 (315 Views)

4650: Loud clicking noise

We just replaced the black ink cartridge in our 4650 laserjet, and since then It's been making an awful clicking noise. I've attempted to remove and re-install the cartridge, but the problem persists. If anyone has any ideas about how to fix the problem, I would greatly appreciate it.
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 2 (315 Views)

Re: 4650: Loud clicking noise

Logic tells me the issue is the new black cartridge. To check it out on the menu scroll down to diagnostics click the green button and scroll down to disable cartridge check. Now remove the black cartridge and move the cyan cartrdige from below into the black cartridge slot. You will have one slot empty. Now close the cover and print a configuration page from the information menu. If it prints without noise the black toner is the issue and to prove it put the black toner in the cyan slot which is empty and print the page again and I be the nose is back. If the cartridge is HP OEM contact hp customer care and they will replace it for you. If from another vendor you will have to contact them. When everything is done just exit diagnostics mode and the printer will restart and come back to ready.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation