4345mfp not printing legal or duplexing (492 Views)
Visitor
Ifshmn
Message 1 of 9 (492 Views)

4345mfp not printing legal or duplexing

I have a 4345 printer, obviously, that will not eject legal size paper or print duplex.  All other functions appear to work perfectly.

The paper stops in the top cover area of the feed system, between the reversing separation-guide assembly and Reversing assembly.

I have swapped the following assemblies with a fully functional mfp:

reversing separation-guide assembly

Reversing assembly

Power-factor-correction (PFC) power supply

Engine power supply

and finally the DC controller

The error is consistent: "13.33.00"

When performing a maual sensor test, PS109 responds the same on both the functioning and non-functioning MFPs.

I just don't know what else to do.

Super Advisor
Oldscout
Message 2 of 9 (486 Views)

Re: 4345mfp not printing legal or duplexing

Start with the simple things first, replace the paper feed tires, then check that the right size paper is registered in the tray. The error your getting says that the paper is not getting to PS 109 in time, since you are telling me it doesn't check as good I would replace it. Part # RM1-1570-000CN
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 3 of 9 (486 Views)

Look up in the cover towards the right side of the printer. When you duplex or use legal paper it moves all the way to the right in the upper cover and sometimes there is a piece of paper stuck at the end on the right side that prevents the legal paper from going far enough. Had 2 of them, the first took me over 1 hour to figure out. The second took all of 10 seconds.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 4 of 9 (453 Views)

Hello, have you done a component test to see if all the motors and things turning?

Visitor
Ifshmn
Message 5 of 9 (444 Views)

Thank you all for your responses and help.

I've replaced the entire Reversing assembly, which includes the PS109 sensor.

When I peform the manual sensor test, both on this mfp and another that is fully functional, "K" doesn't change from 0 to 1, like "H" does, but the screen flashes whenever I press on the PS109.  This leads me to belieive that the sensor is functioning properly.

I have run the component tests on all parts and they are functioning properly.

I have checked for blockages/paper in the top cover area and cannot see any, nor does shoving cardstock in there indicate any blockage.

Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 6 of 9 (441 Views)

So it stops before hitting the reverse assembly? Does it stop dead in its tracks, or does the paper hit and bunch up? I am wondering if something maybe unplugged. Had a similar issue come to find out the duplexing connector was not seated properly.

Visitor
Ifshmn
Message 7 of 9 (434 Views)

I have attached a couple of photos.

The first is where it stops.

The second, if you can see it, is the only damage to the page at all, and it's consistent.  A slight tear on the bottom to the right.

Visitor
Ifshmn
Message 8 of 9 (428 Views)

New info:

Test 1: removed duplexer, ran paper path test on legal and it worked.

Test 2: replaced duplexer, ran paper path test on legal and it failed.

Test 3: removed duplexer, ran paper path test on legal and it still failed.

I power cycled the printer between each test.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 9 of 9 (409 Views)

I still think you have a sheet of paper stuck up there. Remove that plastic cover that has the pictures of the printer and the paper should be right behind it.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.