4250 - Clearing Paper Path (1707 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (1,707 Views)

4250 - Clearing Paper Path

I request a config page and it prints the first page, says clearing paper path and reprints the first page over and over again. have tried cold reset and it sits at ready. When I request again it starts over again. Any ideas?
Respected Contributor
Message 2 of 5 (1,707 Views)

Re: 4250 - Clearing Paper Path

Print a engine test:

-With a clip press the engine test button at the right side of the printer. This test don't use the formatter, only the DC controller.

If the test print rigth (one page with vertical lines), then your problem is the formatter. If the problem remains, maybe the problem is some sensor in the paper path or the DC controller itself, because your printer is sensing a paper delay or jam caused by a sensor signal.

Where are the sensors... well there is several, to reach them you need take off some covers.
Respected Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (1,707 Views)

It sounds like the printer thinks its jammed.From your description,the exit switch is probably hanging up.I believe that its part of the fuser in this model,but its near there in the paper path if its not.
Respected Contributor
Message 4 of 5 (1,707 Views)

Yes, in the fuser unit there is a sensor.

You can try changing the unit for another or if you have Electronics skills, check it.

Other possibility is a mechanical failure in the fuser unit. Take off the unit and check for very dameged gear at the right side of the printer (you will see little pieces of gear). Again test changing the unit. (This model have some problems with this gear, also you'll hear a loud noise when print)
Respected Contributor
Message 5 of 5 (1,707 Views)

Also a bad cartridge may be the cause of a paper delay.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.