3800 N color Laserjet Cartridges not engaged (4543 Views)
Occasional Visitor
gina davis
Message 1 of 6 (4,543 Views)
Accepted Solution

3800 N color Laserjet Cartridges not engaged

I just tried to replace the black cartridge and when I close the door the printer flashes 10.92.00 cartridges not engaged. I have taken them all aout and put them all back in, turned the printer on & off. Reseated the black cartridge itself 10 times and even tried the old cartridge it took out but am still getting this message. is there a trick to "engaging" the cartridges?
Honored Contributor
Don S. Thompson
Message 2 of 6 (4,543 Views)

Re: 3800 N color Laserjet Cartridges not engaged

Gina,
You have a broken lock lever and a bit of black lever broken off likely is blocking the cartridge from going all the way in. Remove all the cartridges and get a flashlight. Shinning the light att the right side of the cartridge cavities and look closely for broken bits of plastic. You will likely find one. Remove it and you should be able to go back to work.

We have experimented with this problem and found that the printer will work without the lock lever even though the drum grounding spring is not contacting the cartridge drum contact. This should be properly replace eventually, and we can't be sure operating without the lock lever will lead to sustained proper operation.

To properly fix the problem, someone will need to replace the complete set of lock levers, no easy task.

If interested, we have the complete procedure for doing the job. It is not in HP's Service Manual.
Don
Occasional Visitor
gina davis
Message 3 of 6 (4,543 Views)

You were right! I guess i need that manual on how to replaqce the lock levers. It is working fine for now but I know that wont last forever. Thank you so much!
Honored Contributor
Don S. Thompson
Message 4 of 6 (4,543 Views)

Thanks for the feedback and points.
Request Part Number Q5982-67925 from your favorite HP parts supplier.
Don
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 5 of 6 (4,543 Views)

There is a service note for this and hp will repair it for free. All you have to do is contact an hp service provider and they will tell you how to get it repaired. You may have to bring it to them as I do not think the printer has onsite service, but the service note will take care of the parts and labor even if the unit is out of warranty.
Occasional Visitor
Select Tech
Message 6 of 6 (4,543 Views)

Hi, is the HP fix/Kit etc available for this printer now?

UK based

Regards

Paul
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.