2605dn paper jam in tray 2? and SLOW (824 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Heather Willard
Message 1 of 3 (824 Views)

2605dn paper jam in tray 2? and SLOW

I just bought a 2605dn for my home business needs, I do custom invitations etc. The first one I got had been damaged in shipping, so now I have a replacment.. which I can not get it to print anything large or with graphics.. only text docs?? It says low memory on the printer.. and never prints... I bought a 256mb 100 pin dimm for it. and once I get it I HOPE that it solves the memory issues!! My question now is. I am trying to print on monarch envelopes.. I adjusted the inner tray (2) and i WAS printing them for me.. then al of a sudden acts like it trying to pick up paper. but cant.. says jam in tray 2.. But i've look everywhere.. I've went to hp's paper jam illustrations and I've found nothing.. I do not have too many envelopes in there either??? can someone give me some advise on why it wont pick up now?
Occasional Visitor
Beth M.
Message 2 of 3 (824 Views)

Re: 2605dn paper jam in tray 2? and SLOW

Heather, I had the EXACT same issue with that printer over the past month. I use Print Shop to do graphic labels, etc. and it simply would not print them....ran out of memory. I too bought more memory and maxed out, didn't help at all.Tried every driver imaginable, updated firmware, changed settings, nothing worked. The PS drivers were the only option, PCL's wouldn't print at all. But even with the PS, a simple graphic file would take like 8 minutes...if it worked at all.Sorry to say I could not remedy it and took it back. My only determination is that it is obviously a driver or emulation issue, nothing that we can fix. It seems to be an issue in sending to the printer. I have a brochure file that is about 17MB and when I'd send it to the HP, it showed up in the spooler as like 165MB!! So of course it wouldn't print.
Occasional Visitor
Heather Willard
Message 3 of 3 (824 Views)

Re: 2605dn paper jam in tray 2? and SLOW

Oh my... I've read that review on these as well!!! I thought I might get lucky and not have this issue!!! GRRRRR> I already bought a 256mbg mem for it.. and still waiting to get it... problem #2 is that I bought it off ebay.. which t he first one was damaged,,.. i have a 1 yr warranty. so HP replaced it brand new!! but i techically cant "return" it... maybe I can sell it on ebay..?? I need to be able to print a full 8x10 sheet of graphics ... I'm using an inkjet now... want a laser that WORKS!!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.